HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Pictures Of You

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
i_am_mister_perfect
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2008-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Pictures Of You   Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:49 pm

Zelis wrote:
Imperial wrote:
You're a good person though James!

Define good person.

/puts on reading glasses
/rubs nose
Weeeeel, I do believe a good person is someone who selflessly does good for others.
Some believe that being a good person is as simply as not hurting anyone purposely, but why people do that anyways?
People don't need to hurt each other -- unless someone gets in their way.
Therefore, if no one gets in your way, you don't have to harm anyone purposely. So not harming anyone purposely makes you a good person?
I believe not.

Now someone's probably going to ask me the extent of selflessness.
Selflessness, though sometimes selfish subconsciously, is the decision.
The person who sacrifices himself/herself for others, without thinking of gaining anything.
Some might argue that they only did it to not feel bad later on, but hey, that's subconscious. Subconscious is too much to get into. Too much grey areas.
So if the motive governing it consciously is not to gain, I guess it's selfless?

...
/puts down reading glasses
/walks off
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/inevitable_demolition
Imperial
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 510
Age : 31
Registration date : 2008-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Pictures Of You   Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:50 pm

Zelis wrote:
Imperial wrote:
You're a good person though James!

Define good person.

James cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dhizzandra
Member
Member
avatar

Female
Number of posts : 133
Age : 29
Registration date : 2008-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Pictures Of You   Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:40 am

He'll continue to disagree with you, despite what you say.
Cause J is stubborn like that.
And I think he hit his head too many times as a child. >>
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Unknown
Member
Member


Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Pictures Of You   Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:25 am

Dhizzandra wrote:
He'll continue to disagree with you, despite what you say.
Cause J is stubborn like that.
And I think he hit his head too many times as a child. >>


>O I was NEVER hit in my head...Okay maybe like a year ago with a lead pipe u.u. And no I'm not a good person u.u;;;
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dhizzandra
Member
Member
avatar

Female
Number of posts : 133
Age : 29
Registration date : 2008-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Pictures Of You   Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:35 am

Or twice. That I can think of in the last...four years? <_<

And yes you are. Now, shoosh.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Unknown
Member
Member


Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Pictures Of You   Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:39 am




Haha! Picceh of Alex/Kayla/Dhizzandra
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dhizzandra
Member
Member
avatar

Female
Number of posts : 133
Age : 29
Registration date : 2008-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Pictures Of You   Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:39 am

Ooo. Death to you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Echo
Member
Member
avatar

Number of posts : 288
Age : 30
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Pictures Of You   Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:42 am

=DDD!!!! I WIN!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zelis
Member
Member
avatar

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Pictures Of You   Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:07 am

Echo and Imperial:

What think you on the concept that good and evil is perspective and relative to each person?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Echo
Member
Member
avatar

Number of posts : 288
Age : 30
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Pictures Of You   Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:14 am

To me a good person who acts with out fear; someone who will on the drop of a dime stop to help another. Someone who's past does not hinder their every moment; someone who doesn't do bad things. IE:Fight for NO reason what so ever; someone who doesn't like to inflect emotional/physical pain upon another.

=\ A bad person would be the opposite.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zelis
Member
Member
avatar

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Pictures Of You   Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:00 am

Echo wrote:
To me a good person who acts with out fear; someone who will on the drop of a dime stop to help another. Someone who's past does not hinder their every moment; someone who doesn't do bad things. IE:Fight for NO reason what so ever; someone who doesn't like to inflect emotional/physical pain upon another.

Fear is a survival response, but it also part of the conscious mind.That's why alcohol is called "liquid courage", because it slows down the conscious mind, allowing the subconscious mind to come forth, and the subconscious has no fear. Therefore, a person without fear is a person that has either A) no will to live and B) a absolute certainty that they will die and have come to terms with that fact.

As for the second part, I believe that charity is overdone. Compassion to help others is never a bad thing, but when people use the method of helping others to directly help themselves, it removes any sense of nobility to the act of compassion.

A person's past can contain events that traumatize and cause a major personality shift, or a phobia of something that relates to that trauma. Rape is a prime example of this, be the victim male or female.

Define bad things. Some people fight for seemingly no reason because that is the only thing they know to do in order to fight off the personal demons that haunt them. This is also true for those that willingly inflict pain upon others.

Personally, I think that what defines a good person are three traits: compassion, loyalty, and courage.

A good person has the compassion and empathy enough toward his fellow humans that he will make sacrifices to help others without expecting any form of reward save for self gratification (which when it comes to compassion, isn't necessarily a bad thing).

A good person also has loyalty, not only to others but to themselves. A man's word is his bond is a concept that has falled into disuse in society currently. As for having loyalty to one's self, I say that one should never have to fight his or her emotions. A good person follows his heart.

Finally, a good person has the courage, not only to face the perils that the world puts him through, but the also the courage to look inside of himself, see the animal that resides there, and make piece with it. People deny themselves the feelings of fury and savagery, and in doing so create an inbalance within themselves with the animal that lives there. Again, follow your heart, and have the courage to come to terms with that beast.

However, as interesting as these thoughts are, they do not answer my question. Is good and evil created from perspective and is it relative to each person?

Note: I'm not trying to be an ass here, but I am trying to foster some interesting discussion. Sometimes the two can be similar.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slaughter King
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 276
Age : 35
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Pictures Of You   Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:23 am

Ahem....













Rawr....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Echo
Member
Member
avatar

Number of posts : 288
Age : 30
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Pictures Of You   Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:52 pm

Zelis thats not fair! You're using your studies against me!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zelis
Member
Member
avatar

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Pictures Of You   Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:50 pm

Meh. I'm just good at reading people and I have to much time to myself. Sitting alone with nothing to do sans watching tv gives you a lot of time to think about this kinda stuff. Most of what I wrote is more personal philosophy and less real psychology.

One of the things that doesn't make sense to me it inner turmoil. If one is at peace with oneself and have come to terms with the face that one is not perfect and possesses both savagery and nobility in equal portions, the heart and mind should never differ in opinion. If they do, either one has more introspection to do, or one is trying to act against his or her nature, which in and over itself is wrong.

And, yes, I am aware that my character is a definition of inner turmoil, and that is why I usually only make vague allusions to his thought processes and emotions. I am personally incapable of understanding why he is still mourning and why he has not tried to find his own inner peace. Nevertheless, he's what I got for the moment, and I'll run with it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue
Member
Member
avatar

Female
Number of posts : 799
Age : 29
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Pictures Of You   Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:36 pm

Zelis is complicated. Perhaps he is still mourning because he can't accept the fact that what happened happened. That's life. He wants something he can't have (forgiveness, for example) and therefore is not happy? Perhaps he has morals that killing strangers is slightly okay but killing loved ones, such as relatives, under any circumstances, is unacceptable. Either way, these are just my suggestions. Of course it may be something else entirely. As well as, I didn't want to make a post just because I wanted my post count to go up. >.> May as well give people something to read and provide a subject for the conversation to continue and others to work off of. Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zelis
Member
Member
avatar

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Pictures Of You   Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:19 am

This thread needs more pictures, among other things. POST PICTURES PEOPLES!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
i_am_mister_perfect
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2008-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Pictures Of You   Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:33 am



...Hi?
The light makes me look really pale. o_o
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/inevitable_demolition
Memnot
Member
Member


Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Pictures Of You   Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:24 am

-has no pictures-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Echo
Member
Member
avatar

Number of posts : 288
Age : 30
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Pictures Of You   Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:24 am

You a lie@Matt you got a web cam fag =;
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Memnot
Member
Member


Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Pictures Of You   Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:25 am

But i have no pictures of me now! So i dont lie. And i dont feel like taking one?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dhizzandra
Member
Member
avatar

Female
Number of posts : 133
Age : 29
Registration date : 2008-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Pictures Of You   Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:22 am

Take one anyway?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Echo
Member
Member
avatar

Number of posts : 288
Age : 30
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Pictures Of You   Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:30 am

-Post one for matt- =D


When the slut stole my hat; one of the million I have xD

And one of me with my hair down o.o;

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Memnot
Member
Member


Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Pictures Of You   Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:45 am

Imma kill you in your sleep! x.x
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dhizzandra
Member
Member
avatar

Female
Number of posts : 133
Age : 29
Registration date : 2008-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Pictures Of You   Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:50 pm

No you won't, Matt.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rafe Wyvern
Member
Member
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 47
Age : 31
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Pictures Of You   Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:34 pm




This was me two years ago. I had no hair then.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/justinsyourspace
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Pictures Of You   

Back to top Go down
 
Pictures Of You
Back to top 
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Similar topics
-
» ---- ????'s wolves {Don't steal pictures!}
» Actor Ideas for Heath
» Rikki (emma and Cleo up for grabs plz take them!)
» Fablehaven By Brandon Mull
» [| Wolf Profiles

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Nexus :: Chat-
Jump to: