Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My 12 year old neice...

Go down 
+2
Saya De`omi
Slaughter King
6 posters

Should she be able to join?
Yes?
My 12 year old neice... Vote_lcap86%My 12 year old neice... Vote_rcap
 86% [ 6 ]
No?
My 12 year old neice... Vote_lcap14%My 12 year old neice... Vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Slaughter King
Slaughter King

Male
Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2008-03-05

My 12 year old neice... Empty
PostSubject: My 12 year old neice...   My 12 year old neice... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 11:10 pm

Apparently my niece has watched me roleplay on forums for years, and now she's been curious to start. She actually asked me to help her build a character on this site, but I'm not sure if everyone would be okay with her being so young and all.
Back to top Go down
Saya De`omi
Saya De`omi

Female
Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: My 12 year old neice...   My 12 year old neice... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 11:22 pm

I can't see why not. I vote a yes!
Back to top Go down
i_am_mister_perfect
Admin
Admin
i_am_mister_perfect

Male
Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2008-02-20

PostSubject: Re: My 12 year old neice...   My 12 year old neice... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 11:58 pm

I started out when I was .. eleven??
It's been two years since then.
I think Role-Play is a good experience, a chance to mature, and learn in various areas.
It'd also help her sentence structure, if you keep getting her to type in legible sentences.
I don't think age is a limiting factor, unless she's like .. one years old.
Otherwise, I welcome her to Aenied.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/inevitable_demolition
Slaughter King
Slaughter King

Male

PostSubject: Re: My 12 year old neice...   My 12 year old neice... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 12:14 am

i_am_mister_perfect wrote:
I think Role-Play is a good experience, a chance to mature, and learn in various areas.
It'd also help her sentence structure, if you keep getting her to type in legible sentences.

See, my only problem with it isn't just her age, but the idea that roleplay has become so manifested with perverts, that when we were young and starting, it wasn't as much of an issue. Now they don't have specific rooms, but sprinkle all about the place. Thus my worry. I want her to learn how to roleplay, I think she'd enjoy it, but I worry about some of the more...adult influences that could happen.
Back to top Go down
i_am_mister_perfect
Admin
Admin
i_am_mister_perfect

Male

PostSubject: Re: My 12 year old neice...   My 12 year old neice... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 12:20 am

Slaughter King wrote:

See, my only problem with it isn't just her age, but the idea that roleplay has become so manifested with perverts, that when we were young and starting, it wasn't as much of an issue. Now they don't have specific rooms, but sprinkle all about the place. Thus my worry. I want her to learn how to roleplay, I think she'd enjoy it, but I worry about some of the more...adult influences that could happen.

It really depends on her. How is your niece like?

Otherwise, I think you can set her up in a forum first. It's alot more organized. I mean, nowadays, it's really hard to keep adult influences from children. It's on the media, it's talked about by peers, and so forth. If she's going to have to face all these things anyways, why not now and let her learn? It'd prepare her for the future. Most importantly, a strong bond with her is necessary, so that her or some close friends, can keep her from going astray when she's about to go over the limit line.
Back to top Go down
sky_shadow_is_back
sky_shadow_is_back

Female
Number of posts : 499
Registration date : 2008-03-07

PostSubject: Re: My 12 year old neice...   My 12 year old neice... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 12:58 am

Geeze, Kit... I was thirteen when you were eleven and I joined the roleplay world when I was nine. >>;;; XD So, chea'... I think I may have to agree with the whole pervert ordeal, ya'kno'? There wasn't that many back then, and now there is... I think you should keep her on this forum and smack anyone who tries to mess with her... -=Nods.=-
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/hoshyt_its_rochelle
Slaughter King
Slaughter King

Male

PostSubject: Re: My 12 year old neice...   My 12 year old neice... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 2:23 am

Well, the main reason I ask, isn't for this forum. I think I could trust everyone on here, and besides, if anyone tries anything perverted in PM, I live here as well and have the ability to sign under her ID to check it out. So I'm not too worried about this forum, just some of the others.
Back to top Go down
i_am_mister_perfect
Admin
Admin
i_am_mister_perfect

Male

PostSubject: Re: My 12 year old neice...   My 12 year old neice... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 2:26 am

But would she be able to find other forums herself?
Back to top Go down
Clint M.
Admin
Admin
Clint M.

Male
Number of posts : 701

PostSubject: Re: My 12 year old neice...   My 12 year old neice... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 2:33 am

My only concern to her age is that we, as a community, would have to be a bit more strict about our language, actions, etc.

And this, even, may mean in our posts as well as OOC chat. And, I admit, we can't keep it in check 100% of the time, and I know at some point your neice will be exposed to it---like it or not.

And so, Slaughter, you risk that too. I'm happy you gave THIs forum the chance but I'm asking you if you'd like to sign her up for it. I'm fine with it.
Back to top Go down
http://aenied.net
Slaughter King
Slaughter King

Male

PostSubject: Re: My 12 year old neice...   My 12 year old neice... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 2:46 am

But would she be able to find other forums herself?

That's the problem, she may just be able to. She may be 12, but she's smarter than she acts. And I'm afraid it just may open a door for her to find her own forums, and keep god knows what hidden from me knowing.

Also, she's here now smiling that you all want her aboard. But she WILL learn that short-cut typing will not be allowed. It may take a while, but I'll try to walk her through typing lessons to get her out of the horrible noob habit.
Back to top Go down
i_am_mister_perfect
Admin
Admin
i_am_mister_perfect

Male

PostSubject: Re: My 12 year old neice...   My 12 year old neice... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 4:09 am

I'm willing to lend a hand in helping her rid herself of the habit.
You can't protect her from everything forever, but one just needs to try their best.
Back to top Go down
sky_shadow_is_back
sky_shadow_is_back

Female
Number of posts : 499

PostSubject: Re: My 12 year old neice...   My 12 year old neice... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 2:39 pm

Awe'! I'm glad she was excited! Why should we all be evil?! We need to make people better at the arts that are RolePlay! And how did we all start? -- Noobs! -=Cheers!=-
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/hoshyt_its_rochelle
.Acrimonious MUSE.
.Acrimonious MUSE.

Female
Number of posts : 112

PostSubject: Re: My 12 year old neice...   My 12 year old neice... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 11:06 am

It was me that voted no, the One and only.

Last edited by I DON'T KNOW YOU on Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Because it needed one.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My 12 year old neice...   My 12 year old neice... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My 12 year old neice...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Nexus :: Chat-
Jump to: