Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

.Masquerade.

Go down 
AuthorMessage

.Masquerade. Empty
PostSubject: .Masquerade.   .Masquerade. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 2:34 am

+ // {{ ~*~ }} \\ +

Dusk was settling over the area quickly; a much faster pace than what she had been used to. Twilight was blanketing the city she now bustled along in. Though there were definitely much easier ways to travel, she chose various methods of walking. Being a conservationist, she decided not to waste her money on a car, when all of the necessary places she traveled weren't farther than she could walk. Ah, except this place. She had to get out of that city since the raids started. That was a pain. So, she took a bus to the next city she had in mind. She was an able young lass -- very strong for her appearance -- though her personality was not something to boast. She lacked the conversational skills to be a real 'people person', therefore lacking a real social life.

Rae's emerald eyes glanced around a little while she walked, a large duffel bag over her shoulders and a massive rolling suitcase behind her. She decided to rest at a park bench, setting up the rolling suitcase and plopping the bag beside her. She brushed her neon green bangs out of her hair, a lingering sense of irritation caused by the gentle tickling of those troublesome strands of hair. She wouldn't cut them though. For what reason, it was unknown, but she wouldn't.

It was settled, that she'd have to attempt to find a hotel room for a few days. During those few days, she'd begin apartment-hunting. After all, she needed a place to actually live. This would require a phone book and a phone. I seriously wish I would have made previous reservations, Rae thought angrily to herself. It would have saved her a lot of trouble.

She could have taken a plane to arrive earlier; but she was certain they wouldn't let her on the plane with the contents of the rolling suitcase. The contents weren't clothes.

Breathing a soft sigh, she began her meticulous planning silently in her head, all the while obviously aggravated. This was the reason she needed friends, she always told herself. Without even taking a full five minutes of a break, she stood once more and started down the sidewalk. Hell, she didn't know where she was going, she was just moving. Wherever she ended up, fine. Just as long as it wasn't beaten up in an alley, Rae was satisfied.

..Jesus, she felt like a straggler.

+ // {{ ~*~ }} \\ +

Last edited by Hallowed.Masochist on Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
i_am_mister_perfect
Admin
Admin
i_am_mister_perfect

Male
Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2008-02-20

.Masquerade. Empty
PostSubject: Re: .Masquerade.   .Masquerade. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 3:03 am

Noah hated the dark. Manuevering through the usually busy city, Noah swung a large leather bag over his wide-shoulder. But he was glad, at the very least, that twilight is approaching. Just some light, any light, would do. His free arm stretched out, parallel to the cement floor that cushioned his leather-soled boots. Stretching out his slender fingers, Noah felt his white glove enwrap around his hand comfortably. Arm falling back to his side, he would continue to trudge throughout the city in silence. He's not fond of talking to strangers unless he has to. Noah lacked social skills, though he's still working on sharpening it. Whenever he has a conversation of some sort, he'd try to put together words to form a perfect sentence. It's not that he's ineloquent. It's just that he tries too hard. When he did figure out what to say, often an awkward silence would hover in the air. That is why Noah has trouble with speaking to people casually.

Dark hues trained upon the area ahead, Noah snapped up his arm once more. This time, the elbow bent some, sort of in an exact right angle. Fingers extended, brushing silky strands of his polar white hair aside, tucking them neatly behind a pierced ear. Noah's tongue passed over his arid lips, moistening them with his saliva. Then as it did before, the strong arm would fall back to his side. Noah continued moving, until he saw someone up ahead. Who is it? These thoughts would sift smoothly through his mind. Noah's mind is rather complex. Sometimes his thoughts would bounce around in his head in a wild frenzy. At other times, his thoughts would smoothly flow through his mind, like a cloud in the sky, or a fish in the ocean.

Then the personage seemed to move away from the bench in less than five minutes. Why did they sit anyways, then? He would manuever behind the moving person, quietly. Those keen eyes would lock against their figure, and Noah could tell it was a female. It's dangerous for a female to be out alone like that.

Noah's home resides in Nede, the cultural town of the realm of Aenied. He scarcely travels about now, since it's rather important for him to come home as often as he can. Noah liked his lifestyle in Nede, but sometimes it can be quite mundane. He would live through each day, same schedule, nothing exciting. So very boring. So Noah would go out and about when he felt he needed to get away. Noah hates simplicity. It's just so plain. I like thrill.

Alas, Noah chose to speak up to the stranger up ahead. Speeding up his pace a notch, he was about a yard behind her. She would know someone is nearby by now. .. Unless she's blind. Noah cupped a single hand near his mouth, calling out to her just in case the girl was blind, "Hey there." Noah stopped walking, waiting for the girl to turn to reply to him. .. She would, right? It's only natural courteousy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/inevitable_demolition

.Masquerade. Empty
PostSubject: Re: .Masquerade.   .Masquerade. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 3:25 am

+ // {{ ~*~ }} \\ +

What a hellish place to get stuck in.. especially when there wasn't a soul she knew. She paused and glanced about the streets, examined the street signs, then continued forward. This made her rather unsettled. She wasn't accustomed to moving very often, and once in a new place she felt awkward. Contrary to her usual attitude though, she attempted to not look like a tourist. At least she wasn't out taking pictures.

Being the poor conversationalist that she was, Rae wasn't fond of asking for help. However, she felt within the next ten minutes it was going to have to be that way. She needed to find a hotel for the next few evenings before she was locked out of every possibility of a nice room to sleep in. Park benches were fine to sit on, but extremely uncomfortable to sleep on.

Rae paused again, emerald eyes squinting to the street parallel to her. She rolled the suitcase behind her again, narrowly avoiding a collision with a careless man walking toward her. Rae did everything in her power to not cause a scene and loudly curse at the man. Somehow, she was victorious. She said nothing -- but she was sure thinking it. What an asshole.. It may be nicer than that shitty place I came from, but the people are all the same. ALL people are the same. Not a damn one of them are worth speaking to.

Irritation. Anger. Uncomfortable... She knew that this time of night was not the safest, especially for a woman. However, she had an extensive arsenal in that rolling suitcase of hers. She'd almost love to see someone come after her with that. Oh, but she thought of the downside on the matter. The bag had a combination lock on it. In the time it would take her to unlock, unzip, and grab a weapon, she could already be dead. Alright. Now it was really time to find a hotel.

Rae felt more awkward than before. As if she were followed. She always got that feeling nowadays though. There were people surrounding her. It figures. But there was something else about the feeling. She was being followed. She hadn't even noticed until now. Ugh.. I'm drained. I can't even tell if someone's fucking following me. Well...

She heard someone call out, curious if it were to her or not. Who in the hell could be talking to me? Of all people... She paused and turned around, deciding to respond anyhow. It was her this guy was talking to. Who was he though?

"Uh.. hey?" she replied, blinking her emerald eyes and raising one eyebrow. Awkward.

+ // {{ ~*~ }} \\ +
Back to top Go down
i_am_mister_perfect
Admin
Admin
i_am_mister_perfect

Male

.Masquerade. Empty
PostSubject: Re: .Masquerade.   .Masquerade. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 3:55 am

Noah liked the city. He doesn't really like the country, that's for sure. He's not really an animal or nature person. Noah wasn't a gentle man, that much was obvious, even from his appearance. Average in height, Noah had a brawny build from his constant work-outs, even when he settled down in Nede. It felt as if exercise is a part of his life, and he wouldn't give it up unless he has to .. which, of course, he doesn't have to yet.

Noah lifted a hand, brushing his fingertips along along his strong-jaw. He paused as the girl continued on, and almost ran into someone. Is she a tourist or something? Noah blinked, idly feeling along the texture of his bag with his nimble digits. Well, she's not taking pictures. The hand descended, resting on the thick leather belt that decorated Noah's casual outfit.

If she's not a tourist, why does she have so much stuff? Noah paused in his flow of thoughts, maybe she's moving into this city. Who knows. Noah crept quietly behind the girl, observing her in that precise, analyzing manner of his. Noah felt stronger, more calm as twilight approached. I hate the dark. Glancing up to the sky, thick eyelashes would flutter slightly, causing shadows to dance near his eyes, as if angels perched there.

Then she replied to him. Noah tilted his head down, noting her awkwardness. Her reply wasn't exactly .. friendly, espicially with the addition of the raised eyebrow. Noah blinked, offering the slightest smile, of which brightened his normally solemn physical features, "What're you doing out here?" .. It was a rather blunt question, that much Noah knew. But he didn't want to beat around the bush like a fool.

Noah took in the girl's physical manifestation. Green bangs. Noah eyed that for a moment. Now that's peculiar. But then again, I have white hair. A short build, compared to Noah's 5'7 in height. But then again, girls tend to be shorter than guys .. well, okay, not always. Noah stepped closer, until he was about a foot from her, making sure not to invade her privacy .. by too much.
Back to top Go down

.Masquerade. Empty
PostSubject: Re: .Masquerade.   .Masquerade. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 4:16 am

+ // {{ ~*~ }} \\ +

Rae's main hope for this place was that it provided a job. Not just any job; she wanted the profession in which she performed best. If it didn't provide that for her, it was more than likely she would move again. Her funds were running low. That irritated her worse than the crowds of people that surrounded her. And she didn't like crowds of people at all.

She tossed her head to the side again, trying to shuffle those aggravating neon bangs out of her face again. Finally, she got fed up. She dropped her bag, tucked them behind her ear and picked up her bag again. Once she hefted up her bag, she started off again. This city was busy.. And though the amount of people was high, she dreaded the thought of getting drug off into an alley or something. It seemed too likely for her taste. Usually, she wasn't paranoid. Usually, she had easier access to a gun. And.. usually, she had someone in the city that at least recognized her face.

In this place, she was next to unarmed and was completely unknown. Rae gulped. She could get killed and no one would even know. Ugh, I worry too much. I swear.. I'll kill myself with paranoia before I die of anything else.

Once she had paused and responded to the man, she had expected something different. Honestly, she expected to find some drunk burly man determined to win her over for a lucky night. She was pleasantly surprised when her freakish expectation did not come true. Surprised, and certainly relieved. Rae didn't want to expose her suspicion of him, but she watched him oddly. "Hn, traveling obviously," she replied as bluntly as he had asked. Her tone wasn't as undermining as she thought it sounded. It shocked her, but it was nicely conversational. "I.. just came here. Looking for a hotel or somewhere to stay. Perhaps.. you'd know a decent place?"

Rae was hesitant on asking, but she did it anyway. She would not regret it later. Especially if he could tell her a place to go. It'd be a miracle to flop over in a nice soft bed again.

+ // {{ ~*~ }} \\ +
Back to top Go down
i_am_mister_perfect
Admin
Admin
i_am_mister_perfect

Male

.Masquerade. Empty
PostSubject: Re: .Masquerade.   .Masquerade. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 4:50 am

Once upon a time, Noah took on the full time job as traveler. He traveled about, assisting people in settling into their new homes, into the still new realm of Aenied. Other than that, he's a member of the M.I.A. council of the land. His job was to enforce the laws, and take care of the general people. Nowadays, he took the council as his part-time job, and eventually, he'd quit it to fully settle down. His other job now is to make weapons and armors.

Noah watched her, head cocked to the left in question. Those neion green bangs of hers seemed to be getting on her nerves. He's had his white hair for awhile now. It hadn't been getting on his nerves .. but then again, bangs of neon green are different than totally polar white hair. He'd get irritated if he has a neon green hue in his face all the time.

She seems nervous. Noah glanced around. The city is a dangerous place. People die, get raped, and brutually hurt in the city. But then again, it could happen anywhere. But why is she so nervous? Noah glanced to the bag. What's in it?

Blinking at the odd expression that the girl gave him, Noah smiled faintly at her blunt response. A bold girl, then. Noah liked bold people. He can't stand the weak-willed type. "I should be able to find you a place." His tone was polite. Apparently, his practice of sharpening his social skills are working.

Slipping out a hand, Noah bowed his head slightly. His hand was held out for her, "My name's Noah." He would not ask her for her name unless he has to. If she wants him to know, she would tell him. Noah doesn't like to force people to do what they don't want to. From what he heard, it's just natural courteousy to shake hands with someone you just met. Noah's learnt abit about psychology, body-language, and manners, to know that much. Take the first step. Be bold.
Back to top Go down

.Masquerade. Empty
PostSubject: Re: .Masquerade.   .Masquerade. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 1:02 am

+ // {{ ~*~ }} \\ +

The contents of the rolling suitcase were starting to get heavy; the large bag she carried caused a great pain in her shoulder. Though she was in top physical shape, she was tired and she was stuck carrying every piece of luggage she owned. But, she couldn't just stop. If she did, others would run into her and it would cause mass chaos. Something she chose to avoid since she left the last place. Besides, this was most definitely supposed to be an escape from what she had previously traveled from.

Rae knew that here, in this city, no one would recognize her. No one would know her. Oh, it wasn't because of her seclusive attitude. It was much different than that. She wanted to run from the demons that haunted her. Since she knew that if she were caught, she would be sentenced to death, she fled. It was fight or flight -- and in this case, it was flee. There was no chance of resisting what she was up against.

She stopped, despite the irritation of a few passers-by behind her. Deciding to be at least somewhat polite, she apologized softly and stepped aside, taking the time to examine her surroundings again. Ugh, what a strange place I ended up in. She had taken that bus to wherever she ended up. It was here.

Rae found herself clutching the rolling suitcase. If only I could freaking put this junk down... Hopefully soon, with the aid of this young man, she'd find a place to do so. "That'd be wonderful if you could help me. I've been wandering like a lost child for a little while now." So, she wasn't the best at keeping a decent conversation, but at least she knew a little decency.

As he held his hand out to her and gave his name, she figured it was fair to do the same. Again, not an excellent conversationalist. Rae let go of the bag at her shoulder and it slid down to her elbow awkwardly. She was still gripping the rolling suitcase. Nervousness at its best. She shook his hand gently with a slight smile, neon bangs attempting to slither back into her face again. She tossed them aside with a light flick of her head. "And mine is Rae," she replied as simply as she could. Her emerald eyes flicked around her in a slightly paranoid manner before looking back up to him.
+ // {{ ~*~ }} \\ +
Back to top Go down
i_am_mister_perfect
Admin
Admin
i_am_mister_perfect

Male

.Masquerade. Empty
PostSubject: Re: .Masquerade.   .Masquerade. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 1:29 am

Intrepidly colored hues shifted to the side, catching the bulky load upon the girl's back. His optics traveled down her ladylike figure suavely, then ascended to meet her eyes. His own grip upon his bag tightened, lifting the pack higher upon his back. His own bundle isn't exactly hefty, but the contents inside would be adequate for his travels, for a limited amount of time.

Noah still examined the female closely, those astute hues flicking about like a serpent's tongue. Even with his abundant amount of travels, Noah doesn't recognize her. She must be a new inhabitant to the land of Aenied. How interesting. Even now, the population of Aenied continues to increase. Hopefully, the Aenites won't run out of space anytime soon. That would be most unfortunate for the people, and land, indeed.

Noah once studied psychology, just the basis stuff. He can pin-point anxiety just from some subtle physical symptons. The way she looked about meant that she's unfamiliar with her surroundings, that much is obvious. There're other possibilities, but Noah decided this one is most logical.

Noah reached out his free hand, "I can carry that bag for you." Simple intentions. Help someone carry what obviously seems too heavy a burden for them to sustain. Noah, with his constant exercise schedule, can easily haul large, weighty materials. She seems as if she needs a helping hand.

Noah's eyes would follow her bag's path of movement, and how it awkwardly slid to her elbow. What is inside the suitcase? It must hold some sort of significance, considering the way she grasped it. Noah almost chuckled aloud at the way her neon bangs crawled towards her eyes. Maybe someone needs a haircut. "Rae." That was all Noah said in reply to her name, which is indeed, rather bizarre. His own eyes stalked hers, imitating the flicking motions. Noah interpreted those as signs of fear, nervousness, or whatever else along those lines. But then again, it is pretty natural to be anxious in an unknown place.
Back to top Go down

.Masquerade. Empty
PostSubject: Re: .Masquerade.   .Masquerade. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 2:29 am

+ // {{ ~*~ }} \\ +

Rae mumbled a few curse words to herself, feeling rather awkward. Her worst possible imagination would be the fact that someone either recognized her or realized what she was packing in that suitcase. Either way, she was far away from home now. Some portion of a burden was lifted from her shoulders. She highly doubted anyone knew who she was, and as long as she kept her suitcase out of the hands of others, there wouldn't be a way to get into it. Nothing bad would happen... she hoped.

She didn't have the best of luck, one could say. However, things were going fine so far and she expected it to continue that way. Rae shuffled her shoulders a little to adjust the dark jacket on her shoulders. The night was still cool. The sky was extraordinarily clear. Rae lifted a hand to rub her shoulder. The bag was such a vexation.

There was a reason that she actually wished she knew someone. It was so that she wouldn't feel entirely alienated from the rest of this area. It would pass once she grew accustomed to it. It wasn't her only reason for her nervousness, but it was a plausible one. If she was asked, that is exactly what her response would be. Oh, well... I'm new here. Not quite used to the new surroundings and all...

Rae blinked at him a little, as if surprised by his politeness. "Oh, uh... sure. Thank you, very much," she replied, handing him the bag she had over her shoulder. Conversation was a start; simple gestures was another step. She wasn't going to complain. Any little acquaintances she could make in this new city would be helpful in the future. Then, she thought a little more about the issue. Hell, even now... it'll help. She'd refrain from growing close. It was a new rule for herself.

Once her hand was free, she brushed her bangs back again. "Dammit," she cursed lightly at her irritating hair. "Er.. excuse my language." Ah, her awful habit of cursing was hard to hide. She probably should have loosened up. It had to be obvious she was paranoid. She didn't want to explain anything, including her 'I'm new' excuse. She hated lying, and that's all that would be. Besides, she had white knuckles from grasping the handle of that rolling suitcase as if her life rested in it. Only her salary rested in it, but it was close enough.
+ // {{ ~*~ }} \\ +
Back to top Go down
i_am_mister_perfect
Admin
Admin
i_am_mister_perfect

Male

.Masquerade. Empty
PostSubject: Re: .Masquerade.   .Masquerade. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 3:14 am

Not only does Noah have trenchant pools, but he also has astute ears. Her cursing easily reached his ears, deciphering it as manifestation of stress. His anatomy, with its typical height, straightened. He would ease her anxiety with his presence, which in itself radiated with an atmosphere of civility. Noah has long overcome the days of which his hostily offended others. He is almost a different man, to be quite honest.

Noah, with his usual blank composure of expression, eyed Rae as she shifted her shoulders, coordinating the dark jacket upon her. Noah siphoned through his serene thoughts. It must be cold. Orbs rolled in its sockets, following her hand's path of movement to observe the rubbing of her shoulder. The weight must be hurting her.

Noah's mind flowed like a river, clear and strong. At this moment in time, Noah was pondering on where Rae's home is. The first thought that sprang to his mind when he thought of the word 'home', was Nede. He thought of his family there. Nostalgic fervor consumed him, just for a few brief seconds. Ever since the day he has a place he can sincerely call home, he felt his life renewed. Life in itself transformed, and meaning exists.

An arm tugged upwards slowly, meticulous to avoid being too quick or tense to frighten Rae. Slender digits uncurled, extended, stretching the compact glove upon his extension, to curl around the bag he was given to guard over. Noah was curious, of course. He's always felt the desire to see into another creature's mind other than his own, to see just how accurate his theories are.

Noah offered a faint sile at her apology. Although she has a feminine figure, her language is not so. Individuality at its best. He considered this. Perhaps cursing is her way to cope with the new surroundings. Noah contemplated the possibility of Rai possessing the order of paranoia. Probably not. From what Noah has read, the symptons would be more intense, obviously more than the flicking of eyes about the territory. Optics descended some, zooming in on her white knuckles, of which Rae's hand clenched on her rolling suitcase. What's in it?

"So where're you from?"
Back to top Go down

.Masquerade. Empty
PostSubject: Re: .Masquerade.   .Masquerade. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 4:05 am

+ // {{ ~*~ }} \\ +

Rae breathed the lightest sigh. She was not so agitated anymore. Her rather terrible attitude had originated from slight panic and weariness. She had taken that awful attitude with her. She couldn't wait to get rid of it though. A nice hot shower. Comfy bed. I can't wait to find a stupid room and just relax... I'll worry about an apartment after a decent meal and a good night of rest.

Her mind wandered back to the place that it always did. Her past. Many times she had hoped that she would just forget it all. Even more she hoped that it never had happened. Typically, she'd dismiss the thoughts of her so-called 'home'. Her home didn't even exist anymore. After the raids, it had been demolished and wiped off the face of the planet. After a minute or two of reminiscing on something that wasn't pleasant to think of, she shook herself out of her intent state. Sometimes she wished she could talk about it. But, her guilt restricted her more than her horrid social skills.

Rae was content with the fact that he held her bag. That was just her clothes and simple necessities. Things of importance were on her own person. She didn't trust a lot of people. Deceit was popular in her life, for some reason. Distrust held her back from excellent opportunities. She operated her business behind closed doors and without physical contact. Deals were made either digitally or with the capabilities of hiding her own identity.

She knew he was eying her strangely. Perhaps curiosity. She was a newcomer, after all. It was typical to be curious of someone who one had never seen before. Perhaps he could tell she was unusually tense. Rae didn't want to trouble her mind with it then. She was too tired, and just wanted to hurry up and get to a hotel or something. The next day, that was when she'd start apartment searching. Her hand was still clutching the handle of the suitcase. I really need to chill... This is a dead giveaway something is up. I am not prepared to admit what yet.. If I knew the guy more, maybe. But I don't, so no.

She heard him ask her a question -- he asked where she was from. She hesitated, unsure of what to tell him. It really didn't matter where she was from. It didn't exist anymore. "Oh.. I'm from the East. I'm a regular traveler, you see. I hope this will be the end of my journeys for a while."
+ // {{ ~*~ }} \\ +
Back to top Go down
i_am_mister_perfect
Admin
Admin
i_am_mister_perfect

Male

.Masquerade. Empty
PostSubject: Re: .Masquerade.   .Masquerade. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 4:38 am

Noah's mind searched quickly over all the information he gathered from his psychology books throughout the years. What does a sigh mean? It could mean a sign of contentness, of disappointment, to compose oneself, or something along those lines. It's usually a negative sign, from what Noah has monitored in that precise mannerism of his from valuable experience. Perhaps Rae is trying to collect herself before a weakness is shown, to not be so obviously strained.

Noah is not much of a talker. He's an introvert, bluntly said. He is the cliche strong, silent type that retires to the background, examining each detail penetratingly. Perhaps that is why people say he is such a splendid judge of character. Noah dares not make hasty assumptions, but when he does judge, they are usually fairly accurate. For now, he shalt not deduct from the facts yet. The theories can be saved for a later time to be twisted.

Hefting the bag, he slid it to his other hand smoothly. Icey digits gripped it, slinging it over his shoulder. In totality, Noah has two bags over his broad shoulder, but it still seems rather light to him. Perhaps it is his constant exercise schedule. He has no problem with carrying tremendous loads of items at one time. If Rae so easily passed him this bag, it meant that no truly significant items exist here. There is nothing to worry about, on this bag.

Noah's apperception told him of Rae's reluctance, by how her answer came out slightly stymied. Why the hesitation? Noah's head would cock to the left, eyes fixated intently upon her at her answer. He would watch her body language carefully. A twitch, an irregular movement, and it would become a sympton of a liar. Most people pay little heed to such fine details, and thus easily give themselves away. Noah would use this to his advantage, using his powerful observation skills to testify the truthfulness of each little word that passed from her parted lips.
Back to top Go down

.Masquerade. Empty
PostSubject: Re: .Masquerade.   .Masquerade. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 5:30 am

+ // {{ ~*~ }} \\ +

She felt like she was at wit's end, and if she didn't fall over that edge she was going to fall over another. As long as she wasn't crazy yet, things were okay. Rae just kept thinking of the comfort of settling down. At least she brought everything that was important. She didn't want to use anymore fake names and IDs to run back to her shelter to get things. If only things would have hurried and settled down she wouldn't have had to go this far away from that shelter.

Standing there with the man she had just encountered, she felt awkward. Sure, some people had a tendency to read or judge her, but she felt as if she were being picked apart and analyzed by his eyes alone. Especially after she had started talking about where she was from. She wasn't fond of being figured out, because that is what she wanted to prevent. Rae was extremely seclusive and private. Private people don't like being invaded. It wasn't a sense of dislike though. Just... awkwardness.

She watched him fix the bags on his shoulder, both of them. If she weren't entirely drained, she probably could have done that. It was either that, or if she were only younger. She cursed in her mind to avoid being rude. She missed her younger days. Oh... she missed them sort of. Rae missed those days only for that intense strength, that brilliance, that power that she had. She missed the energy that she once had.

However, those days weren't always fun. Especially the ones she most recently saw. They were what nightmares consisted of. The torture.. of those closest to me.. I could have...

Unless she wanted to have a breakdown in the middle of the foreign city into which she had wandered, she needed to stop. Just until she made it to what she deemed a safe place. Telling him where she was from, she couldn't meet his gaze. It felt horrible not being able to say where she was from. Not being able to tell the truth, simply because it would be the hardest thing to explain to a complete stranger. She didn't want to carry on the subject, though. Not unless he asked and really wanted to know. She highly doubted such a thing from this man, Noah.

"So.. where do you suppose I might be able to stay?" she asked him, changing the subject for many reasons but none quite so obvious.
+ // {{ ~*~ }} \\ +
Back to top Go down
i_am_mister_perfect
Admin
Admin
i_am_mister_perfect

Male

.Masquerade. Empty
PostSubject: Re: .Masquerade.   .Masquerade. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 5:50 am

When Noah is first acquainted with someone, he analyzes them with his penetrating eyes. Infrequently do details slip from his cunning nature unnoticed. After the brief introductions, Noah usually starts to prod at them from various positions. Fundamentally, it is testing the groundwork of a person. Noah inherited a captivatingly charismatic nature from his mother, of which he uses at its greatest advantage.

When Noah first studied into the intruging topic of psychology, he wanted to pick people asunder. To him, people are like machines of sorts. Technologies for him to test, prod at, and figure out. Taking each notable piece to examine closely, to test his own skills aswell as the person he is analyzing. Human behaviors interest him. That is what mesmerized Noah about psychology, and he continues to obsorb information today.

A part of his consciousness shifted, dividing somewhat for him to make a game of guessing at what's inside the bag Rae passed to him. Noah's mind, indeed such a complex structure inside the shell of which is his body, could divide into segments for him to think of various topics, then bringing them together like a jigsaw puzzle.

Noah's piercing gaze lingered on Rae's face, noting how she couldn't even meet his eyes. A sympton of a liar. After the thought crossed his mind, Noah quickly unraveled it. Lying once does not make someone a bad person, or an compulsive liar. He would not make the mistake. Noah would not judge her just yet. As simple as he makes it sound, Noah knew better. He knew the complexity of the human mind, and so he shall abstain from making too firm a judgement.

Thinking back upon Rae;s words about her homeland, Noah worked to weigh each word. To Noah, each word has a meaning. They have a certain weight to him, and perhaps it's like that for others aswell. At times, he would weigh at each word, estimating the approximate worth. The way she spoke, the way Rae's sentence was structured, made her seem like an easy-going tourist that wanted a new home. But that does not match her physical language. A likely possibility is that she's not being truthful, and only trying to appear casual, whilst her body gave her away.

"Tell me anything about yourself." Noah felt that would suffice for now. Rae can tell her all she wants to say, or say nothing at all. Each would provide Noah with more clues. If she speaks, Noah will get a glimpse of what she might hold as relevant, thus giving her more of a three-dimensional depth as a person. If she does not speak, it is either a mark of guiltiness, or nervousness. Apparently, Noah always come out as the victor, in the end.
Back to top Go down

.Masquerade. Empty
PostSubject: Re: .Masquerade.   .Masquerade. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 6:12 am

+ // {{ ~*~ }} \\ +

Rae felt the need to just duck away and disappear. This much exposure to crowds and people was making her uneasy to a degree. Not necessarily a form of panic, but strangely sickness. It would seem as if she had almost developed a queasiness to the outside world over the years. It was either the crowd or the idea of being figured out. Maybe a little of both? Oh, she had no idea. Rae just knew that she needed to get somewhere or she was going to collapse from weariness.

She had the habit of reading people as well, though not very thoroughly. She studied the basics, made a hypothesis and then figured it out from there. She wasn't wrong very often, so she guessed her ways were fine.

Rae shifted the suitcase to her other hand, though still carefully grasping it. Though it was sealed with not only the zippers, but a combination lock as well, she was very cautious with it. The people here seemed peaceful and crime appeared rather low. The last thing she wanted was the contents of that suitcase made known. Most of its contents weren't legal, either. She wasn't legal for that matter. Whilst she was off in another country, she was being hunted for in the East. She had told him the truth as far as what direction she was from. But it certainly wasn't on a simple move. No, this was a much larger journey to escape persecution.

She felt him looking at her still. His gaze was sharp and penetrating. She felt nervous with him looking at her like that, knowing his intentions were simply to understand her, but... at the same time it felt so much more than that. Am I that see-through? she thought to herself. Can he... possibly read me as I am? Surely, I am not so easily given away.. The thought lingered in her mind. She figured he could catch the slight lie -- as slight as it was. Perhaps when -- or if -- she got to know him better, she could fix that, just so she wouldn't feel guiltier.

Rae could only think of the clarity of the sky. It took her mind off of the current issue; gave her some time to contemplate. Its purity made her envious. She wished for such a.. pure, peaceful life. But even the sky had its turmoil. She returned to her 'normal' thoughts once more. Just no more questions...

Well, he didn't necessarily ask. She wanted to not say anything. But, then she'd seem -- in an almost silly way -- too mysterious. She had to say something, but she wanted it to be truth, despite how harsh it may be. "Anything, huh?" she started, stalling until she could find something to talk about. About herself. "About myself. That's almost kind of hard. I have no living family. Uh, I've done some pretty awful things in my past." She shrugged slightly but looked over at him. If he wants to know, he will ask.
+ // {{ ~*~ }} \\ +
Back to top Go down
i_am_mister_perfect
Admin
Admin
i_am_mister_perfect

Male

.Masquerade. Empty
PostSubject: Re: .Masquerade.   .Masquerade. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 6:29 am

Noah didn't care much for society. In his honest opinion, society is falling behind. The media feeds a load of worthless propaganda, and the people are hardly morally knowledgable. He remembers those cliche romance movies. A metaphor to describe those would be the handsome prince, winning the princess's hand, and they ride off into the beautiful dawn. These brainwashing publications will be the end of the world as we know it. Noah didn't believe in such endings. He decries society. Problems would occur afterwards. He would fight for his own future, instead of reclining to let fate wash him again.

Noah had long noticed the locks and zippers upon the very decor of Rae's suitcase. Such thorough preparations cannot be of an accident, Noah knew. The items within the very confines of the suitcase held severe significance. Noah has a feeling that this Rae personage isn't a simpleton, though perhaps she tries to seem so. Sometimes it is those who seem most simple or mundane, are actually the most spectacular.

Noah's eyes ascended, pressing towards the patch of skies above. So clear and smooth. The sky reminds Noah of his own mind. His thinking style, so particular and difficult to disturb. Noah rarely loses his collectiveness, and thus that makes him a truly strong individual. The amount of stress you can take, signifies the amount of power you hold, or can hold.

Noah's quite patient a man .. most of the times, at the least. He easily saw through Rae's words as stalling for time. He often does that, too. At least Noah learnt some things though. No family. Awful past. Cliche. The shrug of her shoulders communicated the end of her tiny narrative. Apparently, Rae's history and deceased family holds some sort of importance to her.

"Everyone has a past, right?" Noah offered Rae a slight, but friendly smile. It was used as an encouragement for her to continue speaking. It is likely that she would continue speaking. If not, Noah will know he truly did hit upon some sort of hidden treasure. If that's the case, he will continue to dig for it. That is how Noah is. He has a capable mind, and values persistence. He will not give in easily, to anyone.
Back to top Go down

.Masquerade. Empty
PostSubject: Re: .Masquerade.   .Masquerade. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 1:12 am

+ // {{ ~*~ }} \\ +

Rae had never been the social type really. Her deepened sense of seclusion occured shortly after the raids. Along with it came the refusal to get close to people as she had done before. She found emotions to be worthless. She grew apathetic, flashing only the smallest smiles when she needed to and saying as little words as she possibly could. There wasn't a real point in growing close to anyone. Though she realized how typical it sounded in society, she didn't care. She didn't share her story often, so it shouldn't matter. Every time she had gotten close, it resulted in some form of pain.

She felt the persistent need to check the locks, keep examining her bag. But, she refrained and tried to act as coolly as she could. Freaking out would not give her the appearance she wished. She wanted to seem awkward, but not panicked; not scared or nervous. It was a little hard lugging around that suitcase with her. Rae figured it was quite obvious by now something important was within it, but for all he knew she could have just been very protective of her things. Riiiiight.

In the past, she had always been accused of thinking too much. So, she didn't think as much when she didn't need to, but in her spare time contemplation was one of her biggest hobbies. Ah, the old days... She was great with tactics and strategies, or at least she used to be. Those days were over -- she hoped, at least. There were moments when she wished she could take it all back. Others that she was glad she had the experience. Oh, I don't know anymore. Maybe one day it'll be all for the best, rather than half and half. Silly emotions.

It was apparent that Noah didn't speak much to others either. Or at least wasn't in the mood for conversation with her. Perhaps because he was carefully analyzing her. She didn't mind, as long as things that were left unsaid were left that way. In the end, she'd probably screw up and say something she didn't mean to say and then be left explaining, because from the way this guy seemed he wasn't one to give up. Determined people were rare, persistence was occasionally irritating.

"Yeah," she responded. "Some good, some bad. Just depends on the person. It all shapes who the person will be later though." Her emerald orbs glanced over at him slowly, a small smile on her lips as well. She used the best response she could find without explaining her own little story. Gah, he'll prod, won't he?
+ // {{ ~*~ }} \\ +
Back to top Go down
i_am_mister_perfect
Admin
Admin
i_am_mister_perfect

Male

.Masquerade. Empty
PostSubject: Re: .Masquerade.   .Masquerade. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 1:51 am

Whilst Noah was an adolescent, his precious happiness was ripped right him. Yes, literally speaking, it was torn asunder. The horrendous vehemence still lingered in the depths of his enigmatic mind, lurking there, ready to launch any moment. Psychologically speaking, the disturbance that could possibly ruin his reposed state of mind, is indeed, his very history. It exists in his subconscious, always there, never truly abandoning him.

The fraction of his consciousness that resided on the bag he hefted for Rae shifted, manuevering its pattern towards her rolling suitcase. What's in it? Rae not only seems secretive, but fearful of the contents of the suitcase getting found out. What is there to be scared of? Noah contemplated this. Unless it is something illegal, or she isn't proud of, there is nothing to hide.

Noah once practiced on the way of controlling the mind. He taught him how to block others from entering his mind in whatever means, unless he allows them to. It seems as if there is a barrier around his mind, safeguarding it from possible predators; not that Noah is a prey, of course. When asked personal questions, Noah gives very cryptic answers, of which sometimes draw people closer to his arcane character.

If Noah has any flaw on his depiction of another evaluation of another's personality, it is the lack of his ability to act. He is who he is, simply said. Often times, it is difficult for him to be what he is not. He would rather be genuinely himself, even at the expense of not being able to discover the other's character. No one will always be victorious, but Noah never lost to another before. Indeed, that is a rather paradoxical statement.

Noah started walking, his legs carrying him in a confident stride forward. "Hardly so. People suffer the same experience, but still can react differently." Those dark, intelligent optics zoomed in, then Noah offered the tiniest smile. Rae might be making a philosophical point, but there's a drawback somewhere, and Noah often times can find a loophole to attack from there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

.Masquerade. Empty
PostSubject: Re: .Masquerade.   .Masquerade. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

.Masquerade.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Aenied :: Aenied-
Jump to: