Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Outskirts of Bella

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kenneth Calhoun
Kenneth Calhoun

Male
Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-03-28

Outskirts of Bella Empty
PostSubject: Outskirts of Bella   Outskirts of Bella Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 3:05 am

They were coming closer. He could sense it. Something pulsed in his head, like a bomb going off. But there was no explosion. A group of bandits surrounded the child, closing in swiftly. He looked around, searching for a way to make his escapade. Closing in too fast. His hands dangled before him, wringing tightly. Those crimson hues continued to flicker about, until something in the shadows caught his eye. He was in a forest, or so he thinks. A few minutes ago, he woke up in the middle of nowhere, at some random place. He didn't know who he was, or what he's doing here. Why is he here? So many questions that cannot be answered. And now he's getting attacked.

"So what're you doin' here, kiddie?" The bandits continued to close in, spitting out threatening remarks. He glanced around, those wide, innocent eyes blinking in terror. His thin arms lifted, fingertips moving along his strangely red hair. The bandits towered over him, though in comparision to the trees, they weren't that all. Maybe he's just short. Cupping his small hands around his mouth, he would scream out, his voice high-pitched and youthful, "Help! Help!"
Back to top Go down
i_am_mister_perfect
Admin
Admin
i_am_mister_perfect

Male
Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2008-02-20

Outskirts of Bella Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outskirts of Bella   Outskirts of Bella Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 3:15 am

Noah was in the forest. He sensed a noise up ahead, so he moved closer. Twigs crumpled beneath his weight, and the trees swayed slightly. How thoughtless. He should've been quieter. Resting a gloved hand upon a tree, Noah leaned forward to watch. The breeze caused Noah's dark hair to get in his eyes, so he brushed them aside hastily. Then the hand dropped to rest upon the titanium spear hooked to his thick leather belt as he heard the screams.

A red-haired child seemed to be surrounded by bandits. Noah noticed the flash of red in the child's eyes. Peculiar eyes. The child was thin, dirty, wearing what seemed like rags, and confused. Why're the bandits harassing a little kid? Noah shook his head. Why try to understand bandits at all? Noah considered the thought of just getting out of the scene. It's none of his business anyways. Then an impulse grasped his very being.

Stepping out of the trees, Noah drew his spear. Pressing the sensitive button on the pole, it extended to a full spear. Noah brought the spear out, the blunt part aimed at the back of one of the three bandit's head. He would catch them unexpected .. well, he'd catch one unexpected, at the very least. Those dark eyes of his glanced about, searching for an opening for himself.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/inevitable_demolition
Kenneth Calhoun
Kenneth Calhoun

Male

Outskirts of Bella Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outskirts of Bella   Outskirts of Bella Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 3:21 am

He was scared. He was scared. He was really, really scared. Something seemed to explode inside him, and he heard thoughts inside his head. But he knew these thoughts didn't belong to him. The voices were from other people. He heard the bandits thinking amongst themselves, coming up ways to kill him, hurt him, and make him suffer. What did he ever do to them? Then there was another person's thoughts. He found their thoughts rather peculiar.

This person's voice was cracked, somewhat, as if they're a really reserved, unsocial person. The voice was deep, a man's voice. Their thoughts flowed like an ocean, or cloud in the sky. So smooth, so calm, so collected. He wanted to be able to think just like that person. Who is it? He knew someone's going to come to rescue him, so for a moment, he relaxed. Until a blade swung at him, and he had to step out of the way swiftly. Quick reflexes.

A dark haired, muscular man appeared out of the trees .. or that's what it looked like. He used some sort of spear to whack at a bandit, knocking him unconscious easily. The child continued to back away, then found the opening as the first bandit fell. The man attacked the second bandit, knocking him aside in a rampage. The child grinned, deep dimples showing on his cheeks, then he ran to hide behind a tree.
Back to top Go down
i_am_mister_perfect
Admin
Admin
i_am_mister_perfect

Male

Outskirts of Bella Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outskirts of Bella   Outskirts of Bella Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 3:26 am

Noah was knocking the second bandit over. He felt wild, almost insane, in his rampage over the man. Noah turned to the last bandit, who started to back off. He took a big step forward, then to the left, appearing beside the man. A hand swung up, with slender fingers tugged into a fist. The fist would collide with the side of the bandit's head, right below the ear, adequate to knock him out.

Then the bandit fell at Noah's feet, and he would glance to where the red-haired child hid. Waving the child over, Noah chuckled to himself. He's usually not around kids, so he didn't know how to deal with one. What is a kid doing out here, in the middle of a forest, alone? Noah flicked his finger over the button on his spear, and it reverted back into the pole. Tucking the titanium pole into a pocket, Noah waited for the child to approach him.
Back to top Go down
Kenneth Calhoun
Kenneth Calhoun

Male

Outskirts of Bella Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outskirts of Bella   Outskirts of Bella Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 3:30 am

He was amazed at how quickly the strongly-build man overcame the bandits. Then the dark haired guy waved him over, and he hesitantly, but surely, walked over. He felt the man's thought, and it echoed around his head a few times. That's strange. The bandits' thoughts didnt echo around his head. Is the man thinking of the same question over and over? How weird.

He stood in front of the guy, having to tilt his head up to look at him. "Uh, I don't know. I just kind of woke up here." He found his voice to be squeaky, from youth. All this knowledge seemed to come to him easily, as if by some sort of generator, or great power source. He didn't understand why, but he was able to read some of the thoughts of others, and well .. his reflexes rocked.

"Who am I?" He didn't know who he was, what his name is, who his parents are, his home .. everything, he has no idea about. But he felt strangely calm, as if he belonged here. And he felt safe around this man, the man who's his savior, and gave him his life.
Back to top Go down
i_am_mister_perfect
Admin
Admin
i_am_mister_perfect

Male

Outskirts of Bella Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outskirts of Bella   Outskirts of Bella Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 3:41 am

The child approached him, and Noah felt something peculiar about him. It's not a normal kid, I know it. The kid had to tilt his head up to look at him, and Noah almost laughed aloud. He's not really that tall, but probably the kid's height made him seem so. Noah had a soft side for kids, that he learnt just now. He's never been around kids before. Maybe there's just something about this kid.

..Did the kid just read his mind? Noah blinked. He didn't even ask a question, but he recalled a specific question had bounced around in his head. Is he a mind-reader? Then the child asked him who he is. No, not who I am. He asked me who he is. How do I answer that? It seemed to Noah that this child really had no idea who he is. What to do?

He will give the child a life, then. "Your name is .. Kenneth Magus Calhoun." Noah once saw somewhere that Kenneth meant firey, or handsome one. He didn't know if this kid'll be good lookin' or not, but his hair and eyes were like bright fire. Magus meant magician, to stand for his seemingly mind-reading powers. And lastly, Calhoun meant warrior. Noah's giving the child a new life. He would need to fight for it, and to continue living.

A hand reached out, resting upon Kenneth's shoulder. Will those bandits leave a mark on him, psychologically? Noah felt it would. He considered this for a moment. At the moment in time, Noah didn't believe in good or evil. It's just all perception to him. "Before I send you off, know that there's no such thing as good or evil. A person can do whatever they want to gain something, and other people judge it as good or evil. It's just how people view things. Those guys that attacked you there, don't let it get to you. Stay strong. Be a man. They're just doing what they will to survive. Don't be so ignorant as to believe in good or evil." Noah would have no idea how these words would affect this child's life.
Back to top Go down
Kenneth Calhoun
Kenneth Calhoun

Male

Outskirts of Bella Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outskirts of Bella   Outskirts of Bella Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 4:18 am

Kenneth Magus Calhoun. Alas, he has a name. This guy seems to know everything, so Ken asked him, "When's my birthday?" He felt the strong man's hand upon his thin shoulder, as the words came to him. Ken would be able to quickly process the information freely given to him, and make sense of it. It registered in his brain, spreading out like a network. So there's no such thing as good or evil. Ken would remember that. It'd be the first lesson this man taught him. Stay strong, be a man. Ken will be a man, from this moment on.

Those bright red eyes of his stared into the man's dark ones, curious, wondering. "I got it, sir." He nodded. "How old am I, and when's my birthday?" He repeated. "And what should I do?" For some unbeknownst reason, Ken felt some sort of energy flow to his limbs. It's as if a huge energy source existed, allowing him to use as much as he wanted. Ken glanced up once more, seeing the man's face. Rugged, masculine, strong, handsome, dominant, but honest. He wanted to be just like this man. These words would zip along Ken's head. It's rather surprising, for one so young to have so much intelligence.
Back to top Go down
i_am_mister_perfect
Admin
Admin
i_am_mister_perfect

Male

Outskirts of Bella Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outskirts of Bella   Outskirts of Bella Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 4:54 am

Noah blinked. Birthday ... It seemed to him that this kid's pretty smart. Maybe even smarter than Noah was when he was an adolescent. As a child, Noah was nervous, intelligent, quick-witted, and able to obsorb information swiftly. This kid reminds Noah of himself, just not nearly as nervous. Noah's head cocked to the left. He called me sir. Noah chuckled inside. It seems he has some manners. But then again, manners would be necessary, Noah knew.

Well, Ken looked to be about .. four? Maybe less or abit more? "You're four years old right now, and your birthday is April 1st." .. It'd be easy to remember. Then he remembered that Ken seemed to be able to read thoughts. Noah would need to be wary of his thoughts. But it would be rather .. difficult. Noah reached into the pocket of his denim, tugging out a packed bag. Grabbing Ken's small hand, he put the bag in his hand, "Use it wisely. Money is hard earned, but easy spent."
Back to top Go down
Kenneth Calhoun
Kenneth Calhoun

Male

Outskirts of Bella Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outskirts of Bella   Outskirts of Bella Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 5:18 am

Ken only managed to catch snatches of the man's thoughts. He heard him talking about his own likeness to Ken, the quick-wit, intelligence, and ability to obsorb information. And yes, Ken does have some manners. It's as if, he knew that it's good for him. Some sort of source gave him this knowledge, although in some areas, Ken's blank. Utterly blank. And so, this man's information easily reached his ears, and he processed it as true, working the mechanics to add it to his arensal of knowledge.

"...Four." He doesn't feel four. "April 1st?" .. Something went off in his head, like a soft click. .. April Fool's Day?? That's a weird birthday. Then he heard the dark-haired man's thoughts, and Ken laughed aloud. So that's not his real birthday. It seems this man is just making it up. But at least Ken has some basis to believe in now, right?

Then the man put a bag on his hand, telling him about how easily spent money is. Another tick went off in Ken's head. Yes, indeed, money is easily spent, and takes hard-work to earn .. most of the times. This man has given him a way to start a life, and so, Ken was grateful. He almost considered this man his hero, or even, mentor.

"Are you leaving me now?"
Back to top Go down
i_am_mister_perfect
Admin
Admin
i_am_mister_perfect

Male

Outskirts of Bella Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outskirts of Bella   Outskirts of Bella Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 5:26 am

Noah watched the child's eyes as he spoke. Yes, there's certainly intelligence lurking in those bright eyes. It's the eyes of a killer, of a fighter, of a warrior. The name fits him. Noah released Ken's shoulder, letting his arm fall neatly back to his side. Focusing his attention for a moment on the boy's face, he worked to memorize it. A straight nose, with wide crimson eyes, and soft pink lips. Yes, the name does fit him. Ken. He would be a handsome man when he grows up.

Then Ken laughed aloud at his supposed birthday. Apparently, he knew what April first is. Noah smiled faintly, noting the deep dimples that marked Ken's cheeks. He noticed how the child looked at him, almost in admiration. Admire me? Hah!

Noah nodded sagely. "You will grow fine, child." Then he considered a thought. Would he see this child again? "If fate desires it, we shall meet again one day." Then Noah almost laughed at the irony of it. He has a thing against fate's intentional twists, and here he is, throwing this into fate's hand. A paradox, indeed.
Back to top Go down
Kenneth Calhoun
Kenneth Calhoun

Male

Outskirts of Bella Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outskirts of Bella   Outskirts of Bella Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 5:31 am

Ken hefted the bag in his palm, then slid it into the pocket of his torn-up pants. He bowed. Common courteousy. At his words, Ken furrowed his slender eyebrows. Yes, he will grow fine. He just needs to believe in it. His brain, or whatever it was that existed in his head, worked rapidly, and a quote came to him. "Take the first step in faith. You need not see the whole staircase, just the steps." Ken wondered where this quote came from. He's pretty sure he never read it before..

"How will I recognize you?" That's just common sense. By the time he might meet this guy again, the man might've aged. How would he recognize him? Then Ken slid out his small pinkie finger, and he grinned sheepishly, "Pinkie promise?" His voice was squeaky. Oh, he must've sounded goofy when he said that to him.
Back to top Go down
i_am_mister_perfect
Admin
Admin
i_am_mister_perfect

Male

Outskirts of Bella Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outskirts of Bella   Outskirts of Bella Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 5:35 am

Noah was abit taken aback by the quote. Where did that come from? He couldn't have just ... remembered it, if he doesn't even know who he is. Unless his subconscious is bubbling with memories, and it's resurfacing in spontaneous, uncontrolled ways. That's the psychological way of looking at it. Noah chuckled at Ken's question. Yes, the kid's logical too. He'd grow fine, indeed. And so, Noah considered it, and came up with a joke of a reply .. and honestly, he was really only joking.

"If we meet each other again, you will know me. I am the executive branch leader of the M.I.A. council of Aenied." There was a pause, "I'll even marry my daughter to you, if I have one." Noah highly doubted he would. He's never even touched a girl's hand before. So it's totally out of the question that he'd even marry, and have a daughter for Ken to marry. Just a joke.

Noah slid out his pinkie finger, hooking it with Ken's, shaking. "Pinkie promise." He felt abit silly, making such promises, and shaking with a child on it. How silly.
Back to top Go down
Kenneth Calhoun
Kenneth Calhoun

Male

Outskirts of Bella Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outskirts of Bella   Outskirts of Bella Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 5:40 am

Ken impressed him, he knew it. He felt abit proud of himself, then thought better of it. Humility is the way. Everyone is born humble, and it is a great, and difficult task, to keep oneself so. All this knowledge came to him, at times hard to decipher, and at other times, not really. It felt as if all of this is within reach, at the tips of his fingers, flowing through him whenever he needed it. What in the world is he, and why is he able to think like this?

..Executive branch leader of the M.I.A. council of Aenied. That's a really long title. Ken tried to decipher it. Apparently, Aenied is the land, or so it sounds. M.I.A. is the council name. So Executive is a branch, and this guy's the leader of that particular branch. Woop-de-doo! Ken's figured it out, and it didn't even take all that long. This felt amazing to him.

Shaking pinkie finger with the Executive branch leader of the M.I.A. council of Aenied, Ken grinned. He felt abit silly himself. He doesn't even really have an interest in girls yet. Why would he even think of marrying now? But then again, it's just a joke between guys. "Your daughter better be pretty." Ken was able to say this in reply, out of his own quick-wit.
Back to top Go down
i_am_mister_perfect
Admin
Admin
i_am_mister_perfect

Male

Outskirts of Bella Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outskirts of Bella   Outskirts of Bella Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 5:42 am

Noah laughed, "Yes, she will be pretty." .. If he does have a daughter, he'd hope she'd be pretty." He's been told he possess some good looks. It's very likely the daughter would inherit it. The kid's quick-witted. Noah released Ken's finger, then stepped back slowly. He took one last look at the boy. This boy would grow up to do great things. He's a genius.

"Farewell, for now, Kenneth Magus Calhoun." With that, Noah turned, disappeared back into the woods, and within minutes, gone from Ken's view.

Last edited by i_am_mister_perfect on Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kenneth Calhoun
Kenneth Calhoun

Male

Outskirts of Bella Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outskirts of Bella   Outskirts of Bella Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 5:45 am

Ken watched as Noah left, disappearing into the woods. Patting the bag in his pocket, he too turned, strolling into the woods. He whistled a merry tone as he went, feeling the wind blow against him.

He whispered this to himself as he disappeared into the forest, "Farewell to you too, Executive branch leader of the M.I.A. council of Aenied." He chuckled, and disappeared.

[End]
Back to top Go down
i_am_mister_perfect
Admin
Admin
i_am_mister_perfect

Male

Outskirts of Bella Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outskirts of Bella   Outskirts of Bella Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 5:46 am

[Topic/RP closed]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Outskirts of Bella Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outskirts of Bella   Outskirts of Bella Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Outskirts of Bella
Page 1 of 1