Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Revenge

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Grim
Grim

Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Revenge Empty
PostSubject: Revenge   Revenge Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 1:44 am

So...I did this one for a class assignment worth 1,000 points. I got a 960. A. Woo. It's a companion to a different one I did called "Betrayal" that was from Grim's point of view. So... I guess this one is it. I am working on another two for all the characters in it. I used a buncha old role play characters (More like 3, and the one I am using...) as the characters, and...Yeah.

Revenge

(By B. Tel Joos)

Alex startled at the call. Was Grim seriously going to do this?

Miss Secret herself telling secrets? That was new.

He closed his eyes and pictured every inch of Grim's being, every inch of black trench coat, skin-tight black leather vest and pants, long black hair streaked with red, blue, and white, flowing down her back, eyes without white or pupil. Just that empty, endless black he loved to stare into. And her skin; that white skin contrasting against her dark clothes, the yin and yang of vampires.

Alex and Grim were a Yin and Yang themselves. Where she wore black, he wore white. Where one traveled the sidewalks, the other was the shadow on the wall. One simply could not be without the other.

Alex took a step foreward and opened his eyes. A plain, bare white room stretched before him. Grim, in all her dark brilliance, stood in the middle. He paused, then began walking and thought Well well. Ash and the wolf Furee. Interesting.

Indeed. Ash was another, quite young, vampire of almost twenty years. Her sparked red hair waterfalled down her back, red Stilettos a beacon for wardrobe malfunction, red dragon wings set into her back, creepy amulet hanging around her neck.

Alex stood behind Grim like a bodygaurd, trying to speak through thoughs with her. She had put up a block that he could not get through. He bit his tongue.

"So why did you call us here, Ash?" Alex inquired, looking down Grim's neck at her collarbone. She must have noticed, as she pulled up her coat collar to her ears.

He looked at Ash, with Furee standing beside her like her own guard.

Furee was as large as a horse, soft fur thick and chocolate colored. A newly aquired purple collar with a golden tag hanging off it clung to her neck.

"Grim, I do believe, has something to tell us." Ash said.

Grim answered with a simple, "What?'

She took a step back into Alex, their skin touching for a fleeting instant.

It was all it took.

Alex's mind canked into hyper-speed, taking him back to that day he decided to go to the U.C.L.A.

He thrust his arms out in front of him, shoving some one out of the way.

He had to get there. He had to get there fast.

Did mortals always clog their halls like a cork in a wine bottle? Couldn't they
feel something was wrong?

He dashed as fast as a mortal could go, angry at the congregation.

It was happening again.

"No, " he thought, "Not again. Not this again."

Grim lunged at Ash, silver sword flashing like airport lights in the dark. Alex was there in an instant, tackling Grim from the side. Her sword flew from her reach, and Alex rolled on top of her in a fluid motion, pinning her arms above her head and her legs between his knees.

Alex realized she was bleeding. Black blood was smeared along the floor where they had slid, soaking her coat sleeve.

But he couldn't help but let a gasp slip past his lips when he saw her wrists. He noticed Furee whine, and Grim turned her head to the side.

Alex rolled off her, picked her up, and wound one arm around her waist, the other keeping her hand securely over his shoulders. He took her as far away from Ash and Furee as he could, then put up a shield to keep their thoughts and words to themselves. Grim didn't speak, didn't look at him. Alex could have screamed and kicked himsel when he rolled up Grim's sleeves to find and clean the non-existant wound.

Instead he found the scars.

The sick, pale scars spiraled around her wrists like poisonous snakes. The scars were the vines consricting her wrists to her elbows, creeping up her arms. The scars.

He had heard of cutting, but a vampire biting herself?

Ridiculous.

"Grim, " he whispered, unbelieving. Had he really never noticed before?

"They hurt me if I didn't hurt myself, Alex." He could barely hear what she said.

"Who... Who is 'they'?" She didn't need to answer. He already knew. Alex swallowed the lump that clogged his throat and closed his eyes, only to find nightmares.

The gunshots sounded.
Nonononononono.
He pushed it. Pumped it. Put every ounce he had into finding her.
It couldn't end like this. Could it?
The end of the beginnng. G.
G for-

Grim stared at Alex. He stared back.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Alex hated emotions. Hated their expression, their feel. He wanted Grim's eyes; never betraying anything, never revealing emotion.

She gave him her empty black stare (glare? Look?) and whispered, "I tried to stop, Alex, I really did! But they hurt me when I didn't, and it got worse and worse.

"It was... Punishment." She sat up, but Alex had already seen the tears.

"You can tell me anything. You should know that." He took her hand in his, ice creeping through his fingers.

That wasn't good.

Grim stood, and Alex did too, but she turned away and started walking towards Ash and Furee.

She was almost there...

When she dropped.

A baseball bat of a wind smashed into Alex, nearly taking him out. He forced a shield into place, letting the endless power inside him tear through his chest. He threw out attack after attack, watching as Grim's wings unfurled, erupting from her back in torture. He fought the wind with the memory of rage and fear. Rage for Revenge. Fear for Forever.

The battle would never end, would it?

It was death or death. He could give her immortality, only to escape the End. For how long? He didn't know. But she couldn't just lay there and
bleed. Could she? Look at that. That crimson river, that feast. He took the plunge.
Now or never.

Never. Never again would he let her out of his sight. Never again would she be alone like she was. Never would their rose of love die, wither away to ash.

Alex had won. He rushed to Grim, parting her wings to get in close. Her eyes flashed warnings, redblackwhite, redblackwhite, over and over.

"I have to go."

Nononononono NO.

"No. Please, we can stop it." Was breathing really this hard? Wind tore at them both, battering them into a ball.

"It's the only way, Alex. We both know that."

He swallowed hard. "Please, Grim. I... I don't know if I can live without you."

Fine. Tears could have their way. Not like you could hold them back forever.

"Come back and get me, then."

"I'll bring you back, " He promised, "No matter what." Alex leaned foreword, his mind screaming at him, "Alex!!! WHAT. ARE. YOU. DOING???!!!!" They had never kissed before. They had barely even held hands. So what was with the sudden outburst of love?

He had to admit, though, it was kind of fun. The first, most gentle yet exhilirating kiss of his life.

But it ended, and he slid away just as the orb of golden light spiraled out of her chest, and her eyes exploded green. He turned away and covered his head as the explosion made his soul tremble.

Only a single, long, sleek black feather lay where Grim had once sat, trying to escape her misery. Alex stood, stupid emotion sqeezing his gut.

Loss hit him like a train, stripping him of control over his life. The loss of Grim. His best friend. His worse enemy. His death. His life. His everything.

He strode to the feather, his last ray of hope extinguished in vain.

Alex bent down and picked it up.

A little long, yeah. Very Happy Hope you guys like it. Leave some comments I guess. Good things, bad things. Whatever.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/suk_pine_cone
Dhizzandra
Dhizzandra

Female
Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2008-04-16

Revenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revenge   Revenge Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 3:29 am

Wow. >>; I'm not a sap, but that kinna made me tear up a little.
Back to top Go down
Grim
Grim

Revenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revenge   Revenge Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 4:04 am

Very Happy That mean its any good? Or was it that bad? lol
Back to top Go down
Dhizzandra
Dhizzandra

Female
Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2008-04-16

Revenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revenge   Revenge Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 2:38 am

Means it was good. No, means it was awesome.
Back to top Go down
Grim
Grim

Revenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revenge   Revenge Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 5:28 am

Awe.

Thank you. Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content