Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Another Little Adventure

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
i_am_mister_perfect
Admin
Admin
i_am_mister_perfect

Male
Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2008-02-20

Another Little Adventure Empty
PostSubject: Another Little Adventure   Another Little Adventure Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 2:04 am

Noah was... kinda' crashing from the sky. It was a pretty dramatic fall, actually. He was twirling in a rapid circle as he fell, shooting down like a missile of sorts. He was getting abit dizzy, but he saw a lake, and he knew that was approximately where he'd land. Now he's going to get all wet. Just great. Why hadn’t he picked a more suitable place for his grand appearance?

What had happened to cause him to fall from the sky as he did? Well, he was having a little duel in the mountains, and Noah just kind of... fell off. Why doesn't he do anything about this? Perhaps he finds it amusing to fall. Noah's abit... enigmatic, and difficult to interpret sometimes. Or maybe he just can't do anything at the moment.

His dark hair was blowing in the wind, and he saw the waters rush up to meet him. .. Or maybe he was just rushing down to meet the waters. Whatever. Dark optics shut tight, and he heard a boom. Noah fell into the water, and a part of him feared that his head would impact the rocky bottom of the lake, but fortunately, it didn't. He felt his muscle-shirt and dark denim stick to his flesh from the cold liquid of the lake. Man, Noah hates the cold.

He was reaching up for the surface, and turned his body so that he was able to float in the water. Brushing his bangs from his eyes, he turned around to survey the area around him. Well, once again, Noah's up to another little adventure.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/inevitable_demolition

PostSubject: Re: Another Little Adventure   Another Little Adventure Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 4:20 am

-Teanna had been seated for a while now, thinking, dreaming of a better world. She could hear the music playing in her head, the same sweet yet droning waltz played by the same old orchestra with their same old dusty instruments. Same old faces, same old people. …Old people. Past. It had all been in the past. Every moment of these memories seemed like present to her. They were so potent, it almost hurt. So much that she had hidden. Her hiding place, her requiem was a cavern hidden behind a waterfall that poured into the lake. Small, dirty, but it was funny that nobody had noticed. But then again, who would think that there could be such a deep cavern behind that small waterfall?

She had to get away; the walls seemed to be closing in on her, and the air… There was less and less of it by the second. Teanna stood and brushed the dirt off of her white dress, the silver threads gleaming under the light that passed through. She appeared otherworldly, fair skin, light hair, white dress, and strangely bright green eyes. She liked that image, the distorted figure she saw in the puddle before her feet. She saw what people could not see.

And then it came, loud as Odin’s Wild Hunt, loud as the thundering hooves of Sleipnir. But it didn’t last long. It was only a second, and then silence. But she had been startled, and was now curious. She gracefully approached the waterfall and lifted her hand through it, parting it as though a veil. Teanna felt the cold water rushing down her right arm, wetting the sleeve. She brought her hand higher, so that she may see outside the thin curtain. A person in the water. A person! A being had created that sound, that horrible clash, and survived! Impossible. Her free hand was playing with the silver strands of her hair, twirling and tugging on them. “Impossible…” The word slipped out from her sealed lips as she watched.-
Back to top Go down
i_am_mister_perfect
Admin
Admin
i_am_mister_perfect

Male

PostSubject: Re: Another Little Adventure   Another Little Adventure Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 4:32 am

There was another object that fell from the sky at a rapid pace, but this one caused a light splash upon the water near Noah's physique. Turning as if he expected it, Noah reached out and plucked the large bag up before it sank into the lake's depths. Within it, Noah kept his supplies for his travels. Swinging the bag over his wide-shoulder, Noah continued to survey the surrounding territory with those keen eyes of his.

Noah saw a small waterfall, and his hues would linger there for a moment. Why is it that something told him he's not the only one here? He felt something there. Yes, it gave him a rather peculiar sensation … But perhaps he is just imagining things. Stepping out of the lake, he eyed the night sky. This is going to put him in a fowl mood, indeed. He's wet, and it's getting dark. ... Noah detests darkness, with a passion.

His hands grasped the bottom edge of his shirt, and Noah tugged it upwards, above his head. Dropping the piece of wet cloth on the ground, he strolled silently into the forest. Perhaps he would find something to make a fire with in there. Sticks and stones? Sure, that'll work. Noah highly doubted that he would find any shelter before darkness would totally envelope the area, so he might as well create a flame. Then his stomach rumbled, and he almost twitched in agitation. Noah is hungry … and when he is, he's extra mean, as if that’s even possible.

He still felt as if he was being watched as he snapped a piece of branch from a tree, and collected some dry logs for the fire. Noah had a very sharp instinct, though he rarely paid it much heed. To him, instincts are the manifestations of how animalistic a person is, and he'd rather not be compared to an animal. If he's lucky, he might catch something in the forest to snack on. Perhaps a tiger? ... Okay, that was just abit insane. Hunger makes people insane.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Little Adventure   Another Little Adventure Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 5:19 am

-She watched him carefully, almost as though she had never seen another being before. But she couldn’t help it, how could he have survived such a fall? The lake was deep, but at such a speed the man surely must have hit the rocks, he surely must have been injured. But there was no blood, nor any signs of head injuries. That came as a slight disappointment; she liked to watch humans suffer. Not because of the suffering itself, but because of the chaos it brought. When facing pain or danger, she saw that most people do not stay calm. They shy away in their dark little corners and beg for mercy or cry themselves into a mental disorder.

She had forgotten about who she was watching, and was now in a completely different ‘place’. She was lost in her thoughts and memories as she usually was. But then something woke her, she felt as though someone was looking straight at her. Teanna lowered her hand and moved away from the waterfall, hoping to not have been seen. Obviously she had been successful, since the man walked out of the lake instead of having approached the waterfall.

Teanna turned and looked around the cavern, black stone walls, black stone floor, and cold. The choice was clear. She turned and sat down, letting her legs hang into the water. She then lowered her whole body, careful as to not make any sounds. Teanna slowly swam towards the shore, letting her head peek out to see where the strange man was heading, and to take in another breath.

Finding herself near the shore, she stood and walked out of the water. Her dress clinging uncomfortably onto her skin, her bangs stuck to her face. Teanna gave a small disgusted groan and pulled her hair back from her eyes then silently followed the man. Her footsteps were light, barely audible, her eyes glazed as though she was staring off into another realm, her head slightly tilted to the side as she watched him. There was no reason to intervene; any man was perfectly capable of caring for himself. She simply wanted to watch. Have her fair share of entertainment.-
Back to top Go down
i_am_mister_perfect
Admin
Admin
i_am_mister_perfect

Male

PostSubject: Re: Another Little Adventure   Another Little Adventure Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 5:44 am

Noah kept making swift trips back and forth, from the forest back to the little shore where he left his shirt. Piling up the logs neatly, he put some stones near him as he sat on his knees. Alright, now he has to make the fire. Picking up a stone, Noah started to bring it outwards, towards one of the smaller branches he ripped off of a tree. Poor tree. Too bad Noah's not a tree-hugger. Take, or be taken, that much he knows from experience.

The atoms’ movement around the pile suddenly sped up, not that Noah really noticed until he felt strangely warm, and a fire bursts into life on the logs. Noah's eyes widened, then he regained the mask of blank composure that he often kept. This has happened to him multiple times before, but he knew nothing about the cause of it. Perhaps he has some sort of supernatural abilities. Who knows? Some people of Aenied do, indeed, have interesting abilities. Plus, creating fire isn't really that spectacular.

Little did Noah know that someone was stalking him all along. The darkness must've gotten to his head. Normally, he would've noticed such a thing long before now. But now that there was a flame to shed light on the area, he felt something ... A hand reached calmly for his bag, unzipping as if he's taking something out. Slender digits curled around a metal pole that he kept inside as a weapon, and he brought out his trench-coat with it. Using the trench-coat as cover, he slipped his weapon into the pocket of his denim.

Positioning himself near the fire, Noah brought the coat around his shoulders. Although he's trained himself to be able to endure most physical conditions, such as cold weather, he still dislikes the cold. Noah's stomach rumbled again, and he sighed silently. He almost wished that a tiger would've jumped out at him whilst he was in the forest. At least he'd have something to fill his empty belly ... Although, if it did jump out at him, he'd have to beat it down with his bare-hands, and wrestle with it until he could somehow kill it. But that'd be highly unlikely, since tigers are kind of ... dangerous. Okay, maybe Noah really doesn't want to get into a fight with a tiger right now. It'd be most imprudent, considering the current circumstances.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Little Adventure   Another Little Adventure Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 6:42 am

-Teanna giggled to herself. She found it impractical, all the trips. But it was still quite funny, watching him walk back and forth. She was seated behind a tree, kept out of sight since she was also uncomfortably seated in a bush. She was getting quite sick of this sitting around, and watching him carry logs had gotten quite boring. She thought about going back to her ‘home’, after all it was getting darker by the minute, night was almost there, and it was getting quite cold. Not to mention the fact that her dress was soaked! It had been a bad idea after all, to follow him.

She could hear the wind passing through the branches, the leaves. It came as a soft whistling sound, the fluttering of wings, all in welcome of the night. The sound calmed her, made her relax completely. She could have fallen asleep in those bushes for all she cared; the breeze was warm and strangely sweet smelling. Then the scent of burning wood filled her nostrils, and she stood up pressing her body against the tree.

She saw the flames flickering, the shadows dancing along the light, playing and trying to escape it at the same time. It was all a dance, wasn’t it? Words, actions, life in itself. A dance, a move leads to the next, and the next, and you pirouette into the darkness, and plié into the light. All a dance. She silently moved along the tree, then sat down so that he may see her. Even though she was seated in the shadows, she was completely bathed in white, which made her visible. “It’s beautiful” She whispered as she watched the fire.

Despite her awareness of the danger: speaking to a complete stranger without knowing if he is armed or not, she still sat there, staring into the fire, watching the flame. It seemed so pure, so innocent.-
Back to top Go down
i_am_mister_perfect
Admin
Admin
i_am_mister_perfect

Male

PostSubject: Re: Another Little Adventure   Another Little Adventure Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 7:00 am

Noah was staring into the fire, thinking rather private thoughts. Would he be able to sleep tonight? He ...feared, yes, he feared sleeping in the dark. Perhaps this flame will ease his nightmares. Otherwise, his dreams tend to be quite grand. Even as a grown man, Noah believes that there is an angel in his dreams, protecting him from his reality. Some say that one cannot live without dreams. For Noah, this is espicially true. Without his dreams, he would truly be nothing. For now, his mind was far, far away.

They stuck me in the darkness. I can't breathe. I can't see a thing. It smells so bad in here. How long will they keep me here? Why do these people have such powers over me? Where is mom? Where's dad? Why did they abandone me? I know! I'll count to myself until they come to get me ... It's just a game. They would never do something to really hurt me... Right? Yes, that's right. They're just playing a little game with me, to have some fun... One. Two. Three. Four. Five. I can't breathe. Six. I have to survive. Seven. I have to survive at all costs. Eight. I must. Nine. I must. Ten. I must! There... The door is opening!

Noah's mind snapped back to reality when he heard a voice near him. Beads of sweat were on his broad eyebrows, and he had trouble focusing. He hates it when he thinks about those things. Those memories always seems to come back to haunt him. It's not as if he's nostalgic or anything ... Noah was quiet as the girl stared into the fire he made. How can he not have noticed someone was there the whole time? Oh well. He dared to actually try to control the flames. It was something he rarely did, for he actually didn't know how to fully tame it. But she seemed so entranced by it that he had to try...

Noah waved a long finger, and concentrated. He saw an image of the flame going up, spreading. Manipulating the kinetic energy in the air, speeding up the motion of the atoms, the air around them got hot. The flames sparked, and a ring of fire surrounded them, holding Noah and the girl within it. He blinked in shock. He doesn’t even know if he can stop it now. What had he done?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Little Adventure   Another Little Adventure Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 5:24 am

-Teanna continued watching the small fire, wondering why it had taken him so long to notice her. But then again it didn't matter, the flames occupied her mind. She didn't much care about anything else anymore, it was so very beautiful. Chaotic but peaceful at the same time. She seemed to then not have noticed the circle around them, though she was staring at the burnt logs she knew that the flames were growing around them. It was clear, she could easily save herself, but that was it.. After all, her clothing was still moist. Which meant she could simply walk through the flame wall and have minimal damage to her skin. Saving him was not a necessity. But stopping the fire was. She didn't want to see the forest burn, and it was pretty obvious she couldn't stop a fire that size by herself.

She turned her head and glared at the man, then clicked her tongue between her teeth and stood up. Her eyes were fixated on him menacingly. "Show-off" She thought as she watched him. Maybe she should leave him there, wait for the circle to close in and destroy him, and then stop it. It would be only fair, after all he had disturbed her peace. He was an intruder. Maybe she would even get to hear a beg for help, just maybe. Teanna took her lower lip between her teeth as she thought, her eyes wide open, her brows lifted. She seemed surprised, but she was clenching her teeth, she was angry. But the young woman was not that cruel, her hatred was not towards him, innocent being or not. "Can...You...Stop it?" Despite the expression on her face, her tone was calm, her voice soft. There was no sign of cruelty, nor any sign that she meant to be insulting. "Can you stop it!?" She repeated. This time slightly aggravated. Every second that passed pushed the flames further, and she felt a very human chill run up her spine. Teanna... was... scared?-
Back to top Go down
i_am_mister_perfect
Admin
Admin
i_am_mister_perfect

Male

PostSubject: Re: Another Little Adventure   Another Little Adventure Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 5:41 am

Noah was standing up, turning around and around to watch the fire expand around them. He had his shirt off, though his pants were slightly moist from his little crash in the lake. If he walked through right now, maybe he'd have the skin of his upper-body burnt badly. That doesn't sound too bad. ... Well, maybe it does. Glancing around, Noah lowered his eyes down at his palms, as if the solution was there. No lines existed on his palms. He thought once again that it meant he would have no future. Is this his ending?

Then she glared at him. Man, she looks pretty fierce. Show off? Well, yeah. Noah's pretty haughty and arrogant, or so he was told by most people. He took a moment to blink at her, as if he hardly understood her words. She seems just a tad... angry? Or is it fear? Through it all, Noah had a calm look on his face, as if he couldn't hear her or feel the terror in the air. He wondered what would happen if this whole forest burnt down. That'd be pretty wicked. He'd make headlines as the member of the M.I.A. council who burnt down a forest in Aenied. ..Okay, maybe that wouldn’t be so wicked.

Well, Noah can create fire. Sometimes not at will, but usually he could. How about stopping fire? Lifting a hand to scratch his head, he stared at the girl for a seemingly long silence. What to do? His mind worked rapidly, and he reached out to pluck at the front of her dress. Hopefully, she has undergarments on. Not that Noah really cared at the moment in time. Bringing both of her arms up with his other hand by pinning her wrists to the air, he lifted her dress right off of her.

Well, next step. An arm came around her, and Noah would bring the girl against him. The dress came over their physiques like a...rag of some sort, and Noah kicked his heel into the ground, out of the fire. The wet cloth protected his upper-body, and hers, since he kind of rolled the girl into a ball ... At least he saved them both?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Little Adventure   Another Little Adventure Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 6:10 am

-She watched him, and all she could do was a give an exasperated sigh. "Is he stupid or something?!" She thought and placed her hands over her face. She felt the sudden urge to hit him, and the only thing she could hit him with would be one of the burnt logs. Except.. that wouldn't have hurt much. It would've probably crumbled at contact with him. "Why is nothing working for me today!? First I choose to follow some moron, and then he tries to burn down an entire forest!" She brought her hands down and took a deep breath. Decision made! She would just walk right out of there, go back into her cavern, pretend she doesn't exist and just let the events unfold. He'd either die, or escape the fire and then get... some... massive... Who was she kidding? Nobody cared about forests? They were just trees! Wood people cut down and use.

"What the Hell are you doing?!" She stepped back as he reached out for her. But he still caught her dress. She was so surprised, she hadn't even bothered to protest, or maybe she just didn't want to. Somebody did need to take that dress off of her, even if it wasn't a date. The thought made her snicker as she slid out from underneath him. And then it hit her, she has half-naked. First impulse? Sack him. Sack him! Her right eye twitched violently as she stood up, glaring down at him. Her hand closed into a fist. "YOU FOUL EVIL LITTLE COCKROACH!" She yelled and took a deep breath, then grabbed her slightly burnt dress from the ground and covered herself. "Thank you. One less problem to solve."-
Back to top Go down
i_am_mister_perfect
Admin
Admin
i_am_mister_perfect

Male

PostSubject: Re: Another Little Adventure   Another Little Adventure Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 6:21 am

"No, wait. I'm not done here." Was that the first time Noah spoke in her presence? Probably. His voice was slightly cracked, almost as if to show his lack of contact with society ... or that he just doesn't talk much, which is in fact, true. Did she just snicker? What is she, crazy? She snickers whilst a fire is going on, and she’s... half-naked. Whoa, Noah didn't really notice that before now. Weird. But then again, he doesn't really pay much heed to such matters.

He reached over once more, and took her dress from her. Turning, he leapt for the lake, dropping the dress to the lake, and then snatching it out. Water dripped from the wet cloth, and Noah ran up to the fire, slapping at the base of it with the cloth in an attempt to put it out. That was the best bet, even if it meant that he'd destroy her dress. That didn't matter though, because the forest and its inhabitants would suffer if he didn't put the flames out. Noah was not one to care much for nature, but he wouldnt' sit around if he could do something about it.

Noah kept making trips back and forth, wetting the cloth, then slapping at the base of the flames until it gradually diminished. Little did he know that the flames had burnt at his hands while he worked, but Noah's not one to notice such things. When he's focused, he's definitely blind to all other things. When the flame was finally put out, he felt a sharp pain in his hands, which caused him to drop the no longer useful, tattered cloth on the ground. Ow. For some reason, Noah feels as if he's about to be in even worse pain .. from the weird girl.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Little Adventure   Another Little Adventure Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 6:48 am

"N-no. NO! What are you doing!?" She exclaimed as she watched him. She flailed her arms around in an obviously failed attempt to make him notice her. He seemed to be in a bloody trance. Who gets so into putting out a fire with a dress! It wasn't a bloody movie. "HELLO!" She yelled and picked up a pebble, then threw it at him. The small rock simply bounced off of his shoulder as though it had no effect. "You could just use... buckets... But.." By the time she was to finish her sentence, he was done. She'd never seen anyone work that fast, or be that concentrated when it came to work. It annoyed her.

How dared he take her dress and completely destroy it?! Well.. He did put out the fire but at the cost of a hand-made dress! One of a kind! Teanna closed her eyes and took a deep breath, calming herself. "It's okay, it's alright. Peace now, torture later." Her eyes opened, and she glanced at the black circle that remained. What would people think of that? Maybe an alien invasion? They were stupid enough to believe that anyway. Maybe if she drew some weird symbols in the ground or splattered some paint...it'd make it more plausible. Probably not.

Then she glanced at him. Her lips instantly curled into a smirk. "You should have just used a bucket," she spoke as she approached him, her eyes fixated on his hands. "since now you're... burnt. Would you like those filthy hands of yours disinfected, or do you wish to just carry on with them burnt...and...un-sanitized like that?"-
Back to top Go down
i_am_mister_perfect
Admin
Admin
i_am_mister_perfect

Male

PostSubject: Re: Another Little Adventure   Another Little Adventure Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 7:05 am

The whole time, Noah paid the girl no heed. Who does she think she is? Flapping her arms like some sort of insane bird and trying to get his attention when he's obviously busy at something. Ignoring her for the time being, he had the fire put out, though Noah did notice the ring of black it made on the ground. How would he cover that up? Maybe no one would notice. Few people ever visit this area anyhow. The Valle Delle Rotture Dell'Angelo is indeed, a beautiful place. But no one would really travel to such a faraway place just to look around. Then a thought popped into Noah's mind: What is this girl doing here anyways?

He turned to face the girl at her words, and blinked. Glancing down at his hands, he noticed just how damaged they were. Noah's been known for playing with fire ... but he rarely got burnt. Why did he try to put out the fire anyways? Now he has to get help. Just great. From experience, Noah knew most things come with a price, and he sensed that he was just about to get punished badly for the dress ... Why does this girl have to be so bold and weird, instead of just sweet and innocent? Noah likes bold people, but sometimes... it puts him at an obvious disadvantage.

"Those filthy hands just saved your home." Keen optics zoomed in on the blonde-haired girl, and Noah felt his body tense up. He had no doubt that this girl lived here. Who would visit such a place anyways, except Noah? Lines of wrinkles appeared near the corner of his eyes, "The least you could do for me is to disinfect and bandage them for me. Afterwards, we'd be even." ...Noah had trouble believing in the effectiveness of his little speech. Honestly, he was left in her hands. But he must believe in what he says. If he doesn't, how else would others believe him? That, was something he learnt from his numerous experiences as a traveler and council member for Aenied.

That was when Noah noticed that once the flames were put out, the area around them was practically dark. He almost shivered. He hates the dark. With the conditions his hands are in, and considering he almost destroyed the whole forest, Noah doubted that he would be able to create another fire. How lame. Darkness ... gives him very awful nightmares. So awful, in fact, that he'd rather not sleep than to get them. Why hadn't he use buckets instead of the dress?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Little Adventure   Another Little Adventure Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 2:18 am

-Teanna simply smiled as she watched him. It was solely his fault that he got burnt. It was his fault that the small fire had gotten so out of hand. It was his fault, period. She then glanced at the trees, trying to look up at the moon through their thick branches. The stranger had saved the forest, and her life according to him. That was correct, but neither of the two facts helped her mood. She had been brought up a certain way, and that was to be arrogant and proud, but not selfish. Sadly she tended to constantly cross the line and be narcissistic or self-absorbed. And also, she never had to hold her tongue, no matter what it was she wanted to say. Teanna simply didn't care.

"My home?" She repeated mockingly. Her eyes narrowing as she looked straight at him. "I don't live in a bloody tree!" Her hand lifted, of course with the intent to strike him, but she quickly turned it and ran her fingers through her hair. "The least I could do for you is hit you with a bloody log! You started it all and now expect thanks just because you stopped it? I could have saved myself and stopped the fire! Didn't need your heroism. As for your hands, I'll bandage them as soon as you stop being so rude." Teanna then glanced behind him at the black circle. "I hope your bag didn't burn up completely." She smirked pointing at the object laying beside the burnt logs. "Single-minded to the point of recklessness." She laughed, apparently she had calmed down. "Just to be polite, my name is Teanna. My..." She stopped. The word she intended to follow 'my' was 'home'. But the truth was the cavern was not her home. It was an escape for a while. She'd run away from the world when the world failed her. "...prison is right behind the waterfall. If you'll follow me." She turned away from him and approached the water. "If you wish to continue being rude, then go ahead. But consider the fact that I will not help you. And.. what are you going to do with two burnt hands?"

Truth was, she was kind to others despite her words. Yes she was single-minded at times, but that's how she survived. But she always helped others when she could. She was cold by nature, but her words were only words. They slipped out automatically, on impulse. Most of times she did not mean them, and people always took her so very seriously. Her feet came in contact with the cold water and she stopped. Teanna could swim, of course, but she hated that she could not see the what lurked beneath her. During the day, the light penetrated the clear water making some of the bottom visible. But at night she could see nothing. The waltz began playing in her head once more, except now, in the images, she was not dancing. How the world had failed her. Miserable bandits and hypocrites. "Am I that much of a cruel beast that you don't even dare speak?" She asked him before throwing herself in the dark waters, slowly swimming towards the waterfall.-
Back to top Go down
i_am_mister_perfect
Admin
Admin
i_am_mister_perfect

Male

PostSubject: Re: Another Little Adventure   Another Little Adventure Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 2:31 am

Noah watched her with lifted brows as she spoke, quite taken aback by her boldness. Incredible. Shocking, indeed. He's never met one so bold ... Few actually dared to stand up to him, and yet this girl here speaks to bluntly, so ... fiercely. The cause of this could be that she seems to live by herself, lacking contact with society in most aspects. Her words almost blew him away, but he managed to stare at her with that usual blank expression. He wouldn't let her know just how much her words had gotten to him. The least he could do is to conceal his emotions as always.

Noah almost laughed out loud when she said she didn't live in a tree. Bloody tree? Bloody log? It seems to him that she possess some sort of accent, or dialect from another land. He hasn't heard anyone say 'bloody' before. But he managed to at least ... shut up and not let her know that he was amused at her irritation. Or at least, she seemed irritated. When Noah thought her little narrative was alas coming to an end, he considered her words. ... Maybe he was just abit rude. That is how he usually is. Most people tend to avoid him because of it. Then she mentioned his bag!

Turning, Noah glanced to his bag. Yes, it seems safe. Without it, he'd have trouble continuing his travels. Nede, a popular town in Aenied, was quite far away. He wouldn't want to go all the way there without necessary supplies. Single-minded to the point of recklessness? Noah doesn't believe himself reckless. He's usually quite cautious a person, or at least, he thinks so. If not, how could he have survived for so long? For some reason, Noah found no remark to make. He couldn't reply, period. What is wrong with him? ... It could be that she is making some very strong points.

Noah followed behind her silently as she moved for the lake, then her words caught him off guard. She had seemed so strong, so intrepid, and yet her last statement held so much agony. What could possibly be the cause of it? Noah blinked, "My name is Noah." He watched her as she swam into the waters, not sure if it'd be safe for him to swim with his burnt hands. Then he noticed that she ... was half-naked, so he quickly diverted his gaze. So Noah just waited for Teanna, his eyes glued to his feet. He didn't know what to say or do. He often had the problem of conversing with strangers, espicially those that just ranted at him. What is he to do?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Little Adventure   Another Little Adventure Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 3:00 am

-She was not at all surprised by his silence, but at least he did respond to her words. Yet... he looked sort of stupid. The way no reply came from him and also the blank countenance. Curiosity hit her then. What was in his bag? She could either ask or find out on her own. Something told her it was better to ask, after all she wasn't that good at being invisible. But he was starting to get on her nerves again. She hated silence. Silence was when her thoughts ran wild, and when her most painful memories hit her. But at least there was another presence there, it forced her to be aware of her surroundings instead of slip back into her past.

Maybe she would be able to find out more about him. And what she really wanted to know was how he had survived that fall, and why he had fallen. It was curious, it's not every day that men drop down from the sky. But if he was quiet, then so was she. Maybe it was in spite of him, or maybe she had nothing more to say. Either way, she turned around at his words. "Noah" She repeated in her mind. She would not forget the name. "Either kick your bag out and over to me, or get over here and I'll come back for it after I'm done with your hands." The water wouldn't harm his hands. It might sting because of the salt, but the water in itself would only lessen the pain. It was safe for him to swim. But not for her, not anymore.

"I have to get out..." The words were repeated in her head, on and on, constantly with every movement she made. She could already feel the fingers curling around her ankles. She could already remember. The waltz began playing once more, and the sweet scent of baked apples and cinnamon filled her nostrils. "No.. Get out. Now!" Teanna caught onto the rock bottom of the cavern and pulled herself up and out of the water. "Come on now, I won't bite. I promise." She stood right beneath the waterfall, letting the sparkling water wash her fears away. But her lips were curled into a smile, showing no sign of what she felt inside.-
Back to top Go down
i_am_mister_perfect
Admin
Admin
i_am_mister_perfect

Male

PostSubject: Re: Another Little Adventure   Another Little Adventure Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 3:18 am

Noah stepped into the water, and swam after her. He would come back for the bag later. First, he would need his hands bandaged. Then another thought struck him: Where would he sleep tonight? He'd hate to have to camp out in the darkness... Noah shivered. Luckily, it would seem as if he's shivering from the water, not his fears. No one knows of his intense fear of the dark. That is best. He would not let another person use it against him. He still remembered the last time that they used this fear of his against him. He wouldn't let that happen again...

Reaching up as he neared where Teanna stopped, Noah lifted a hand. Curling his digits for the rock bottom, which is what Teanna used to pull herself up with, he tried to grip it as firmly as he could. Then affliction shot through his whole physique, and his grip slackened, just slightly. But it was adequate to ensure his pathetic crumble. He was falling, falling backwards into the water. Stupid burnt hands. Maybe this time, he wouldn't be able to save himself. Noah still had his arm extended, pulling at the air desperately though he felt his head sink into the water. His eyes glazed over...

They stuck me in the water. I couldn't breathe. I thought I would die. I could hear them laughing above me. Why has no one saved me yet? Will I die this time? Please, have mercy upon me. Let me die. Just let me die. I can't take it anymore... My heart, pounding in my chest, desperate. Me, gasping for breath. I couldn't see a thing. Then I saw a hand reach out for my head... They are not done with me just yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Little Adventure   Another Little Adventure Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 4:07 am

-Teanna stood there as she waited for his reply. But none came. Obviously. She didn't even know why she bothered to wait. He could take care of himself. Mr. Hero. She wondered where her bandages were, and if she had any clothes. He would need dry clothes, and probably a place to spend the night. She hated that idea, a stranger in her 'home'. Well he wasn't that much of a stranger, she knew his name, and that he currently had no intent of killing her or destroying anymore of her dresses.

He really was stupid wasn't he? Trying to bring himself up with burnt hands? But then.. Why wasn't he fighting the water? Why wasn't he trying to come out? Teanna dropped to her knees and grabbed his arm, then slowly pulled him up against the wall. "Oh God do you ever need to loose weight!" She exclaimed as she pulled him into the cavern. Was he breathing? She didn't want to check, she didn't want to touch him any more than she had already done. "Breathe you insolent creature!" She sighed and pressed her hands against his chest. "Guess I'm not the only one who doesn't like dark water very much..."-
Back to top Go down
i_am_mister_perfect
Admin
Admin
i_am_mister_perfect

Male

PostSubject: Re: Another Little Adventure   Another Little Adventure Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 4:14 am

Noah still had his eyes closed, but he knew someone had saved him from the water. But he was breathing at the very least. Teanna would be able to tell by his heaving chest. Why am I still alive? Gradually, his eyes flicked opon, and water dripped from his long eyelashes. Sitting up, he glanced down at his wet body, and eyed Teanna quietly. She had saved him. Why would she do that? Hadn't he almost burn down this forest? Why would she save him when she could've just let him drown?

Noah is still alive. That is all that matters. It is not his time to go yet. He will continue on until it is. Most likely, he wouldn't know when exactly it'd be, but he'd keep fighting. At least he has Aenied to look after now. If not, maybe he'd really rather jump into a lake and drown, than to keep breathing and thinking. When innocence is lost, one sees so much. They see things they need not see, espicially the motives of others that used to be hidden from them. But Noah would continue on. Aenied needs him. The people of Aenied needs him. He knew that as truth.

"Is there a light?" His voice was quiet as he stared at his palms, once again seeing the lack of lines. He would hate to have to sleep without a source of light. Noah didn't feel like talking tonight. His mood has been fowl indeed. Today has been a bad day. First he fell off a cliff, then he made a fire, and now he almost drowned. Word, oh, word.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Little Adventure   Another Little Adventure Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 2:02 am

-Teanna dropped herself back on her bottom as soon as she realized Noah was breathing. She had done the right thing, or so she hoped. She didn't want anyone to die because of her inability to pay attention. But still he could have said something instead of trying to hoist himself up into the cavern. Then hearing his words she stood still, having completely frozen up. She couldn't believe it. "A... A light?" She whispered, her voice cracking. She could feel her blood boiling, and her body quickly tensed up. "You ungrateful pig!" She yelled and moved her hand towards him, enjoying the feel and the sound as her hand collided with his cheek. "I saved your life and you don't even bother to give thanks?"

Teanna took a deep breath and stood up, moving away from him and towards her bed. It was made from a few crates, three blankets serving as a sort of mattress, a pillow, and another blanket to cover herself. She sat on the corner and first pulled out the first aid kit from a storage box, and then the oil lamp and a box of matches. "There you go, light." She said as she lit the lamp and placed it on the floor. Teanna took a small bottle of alcohol and poured some over a ripped piece of bandage then blotted the raw meat with it. All this time she avoided eye-contact, she didn't look anywhere but at his hands. Her own shaking in anger.

After disinfecting his hands she wrapped them carefully. Each finger intricately and individually covered as to allow movement, but protect his hands. As soon as she was finished, she stood and quickly pulled some crates against the wall, making another sort of bed.She covered them with a few blankets then placed the lamp beside his new bed. Without any words she walked back to the waterfall, and sat down, letting the water pour over her legs. "Sleep," she simply said as she sat there, staring out at the moon trhough the thin layer of water.-
Back to top Go down
i_am_mister_perfect
Admin
Admin
i_am_mister_perfect

Male

PostSubject: Re: Another Little Adventure   Another Little Adventure Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 2:41 am

Noah stared at Teanna as she froze, and tensed up. Why did her voice just crack? And why is he getting this feeling that he's about to be in trouble? He's almost scared. As her hand slapped him across the cheek, his eyes were wide. She hit him. The words repeated in his mind: She hit me. It didn't hurt much, for he was used to getting brutally wounded... But she had damaged his pride, and it made him sit there, frozen in shock.

When Teanna lit up the lamp, Noah sighed a breath of relief. At least there is light now. He would get back at her for the slap later. He'd think of a way, he knew. Noah too, avoided eye contact, keeping his eyes glued to the walls of the cavern. As an adult, he's never been hit before, especially not by a woman... To be honest, Noah has a rather fierce grudge against women in general. He believed them foolish creatures that would abandon their child if necessary... The memories came alive in his mind, and Noah pushed them aside.

He moved each finger after she bandaged it for him then lifted his hand to feel his cheek. He would be okay. Noah stood and sat down on the bed Teanna made for him, and hesitated. He wanted to say it, but he didn't know how. So his voice was a sort of weak whisper, "... Thank you." It was barely audible, so he wasn't even sure if she heard him. Clearing his throat, Noah laid down, keeping his body turned towards the lamp. He needs a constant light source to protect him in his sleep. But Noah couldn't sleep tonight, so he just lay there, thinking.

"Do you have a story?" ...Only then did he realize how strange his question would sound. It sounds to him as if he wanted a bed-time story, but that wasn't it. Noah felt that each person has a story of their own, though he'd prefer to not tell his ... He was curious. He wanted to know why Teanna would be alone here, and then he remembered her words: Am I that much of a cruel beast that you don't even dare speak? Why did she seem so hurt?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Little Adventure   Another Little Adventure Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 3:08 am

-She heard his words, but didn't respond. The thank you had come too late, it didn't matter anymore, it didn't matter at all. They were simply words, and she hadn't accepted them. Teanna stared at the moon, it looked so royal, so grand. And most of all, safe. Nothing could harm it up there. Her lips curled into a bit of a smile, yes she was still angry, but the sight of the moon, and its reflection on the water calmed her. She stood up and walked back inside. "A story?" She whispered as she sat down on the corner of her bed. "Yes, I do. We all have stories. We grow up, every moment is another word in our story. Silly question to ask." She rolled her eyes and lay down on the bed, hugging her pillow.

She had a long story, that was the truth of it, but she didn't want to share it. Not with a stranger that wasn't even man enough to thank her when she saved him, gave him a place to spend the night, and bandaged his wounds. "If you meant a bed-time story, I'm sure I can make one up." Teanna smiled faintly at him, a sort of attempt to lighten the mood.
Back to top Go down
i_am_mister_perfect
Admin
Admin
i_am_mister_perfect

Male

PostSubject: Re: Another Little Adventure   Another Little Adventure Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 3:22 am

Noah thought for a moment. Yes, that’s right. Every moment is a word in a person’s story. He wanted to hear their stories, to learn, and yet … he feared close contact with people. How bizarre. Noah closed his eyes eventually, and brought the blanket over his body. The blanket made him warm, and the light gave him security. He wiggled his fingers, and knew that eventually he’d be able to use his hands once more, like he was able to before they got burnt. But Noah didn't regret putting out the fire, though. Do what you think is right, continue on with your head held high and back straight, was his belief.

But it was Teanna who gave him all this. She gave him the blankets, the light, and bandaged his hands. She didn't need to. She could've left him to suffer back there. Why was it that he couldn’t say a thank you earlier? Pride? Lack of experience? Noah never had to depend on another being to survive. He didn’t before, he doesn’t know, and he probably won’t in the future. Pride, perhaps that was the cause of this. Indeed, it is curious why no one would tell him this before. Perhaps they really are scared of Noah.

“I've never heard a bed-time story.” His words were slightly choked. In fact, that is true. He’s never heard a bed-time story before, not from his own parents, whoever they are, and definitely not from his adopted ones. “Please?” There was a hint of begging in his voice, and he would never realize just how childish he sounds. But then again, Noah is still a young man. Maybe he just grew up too fast.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Little Adventure   Another Little Adventure Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 4:01 am

-His words made her smile broaden. "Never?" She questioned curiously as she sat up, dropping the pillow in her lap. "Alright. I'll tell you one." She thought for a bit, of how she could make her life into a fairytale. It seemed as though she had completely forgotten about hitting him, and the reason for it. But she was very tempted to add much more of her own life into the story then he would expect. That way, she could tell him about her without him actually knowing the truth.

"How could you never have heard a bed-time story?" Teanna crawled over to his bed and sat down on the ground, hugging her knees close to her chest and laying her head on the pillow. "Well... Where should... I start?" She whispered, closing her eyes. Her voice much softer, much quieter than before. "Is 'Once upon a time' alright?" The fear of falling asleep caught her, and she opened her eyes quickly to stay awake. Why was he so afraid of the dark though? She had fought off that fear a long time ago, but why didn't he? Curiosity gripped her as well, but something else came up instead of the obvious 'story' question. "...I'm sorry."

She glanced to the ground and remained silent for a while, hoping that by some chance he would accept her apology. She didn't know why, but maybe.. maybe having hit him was taking it too far.-
Back to top Go down
i_am_mister_perfect
Admin
Admin
i_am_mister_perfect

Male

PostSubject: Re: Another Little Adventure   Another Little Adventure Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 4:17 am

Noah rolled onto his back, and opened his eyes. He is not one to hold onto his pride for dear life, though often his own reserved personality made him haughty and rude. He didn’t like to speak to people, period. So if being impolite is what it takes to get them away from him, so be it. … But sometimes, he would get terribly lonely. He knew that he shouldn’t hold Teanna’s anger against her, because honestly, he is at fault. Noah would not put the blame on anothers' shoulders once he's given the chance to think on it, and he's quite a thinker. But he won’t tolerate it and do nothing if they make a reckless move, such as striking him as she did before.

Noah was quiet, unsure of how to answer her when she asked him how he could’ve never heard a bed-time story. He breathed evenly, trying to put words together to form an adequate reply. By the time he decided to just say no, Teanna was already speaking, so Noah said nothing. That’s usually how it is. Someone would say something, and he would think, trying to come up with a sufficient reply. By the time he did, the other person would be saying something else, or an awkward silence would’ve befallen them.

Her apology caught him off guard. What does she have to apologize for? Blinking, Noah sat up in bed, and glanced towards the light. Half of his face was in shadows, and there was a thoughtful look in his dark eyes. When he is thinking, Noah would often have that look. The lamp shed light on his sharp facial features, marking his fierce, stern character.

“Once upon a time…?” Noah wanted to hear the story. Pulling his leg up to bend, an elbow rests atop of his knee.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Little Adventure   Another Little Adventure Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another Little Adventure
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Aenied :: Aenied :: Southern Hemisphere :: Valle Delle Rotture Dell'Angelo-
Jump to: