Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SO What do you want next?!

Go down 
+10
Ziren
Elrith Eldwend
Zelis
Slaughter King
.mage
Alexander Marradenche
.Acrimonious MUSE.
i_am_mister_perfect
Echo
Imperial
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Sooo...
Singles
SO What do you want next?! Vote_lcap6%SO What do you want next?! Vote_rcap
 6% [ 3 ]
Team
SO What do you want next?! Vote_lcap8%SO What do you want next?! Vote_rcap
 8% [ 4 ]
Free for All
SO What do you want next?! Vote_lcap14%SO What do you want next?! Vote_rcap
 14% [ 7 ]
Melee
SO What do you want next?! Vote_lcap10%SO What do you want next?! Vote_rcap
 10% [ 5 ]
Mild Powers
SO What do you want next?! Vote_lcap25%SO What do you want next?! Vote_rcap
 25% [ 13 ]
Dark Tournament!
SO What do you want next?! Vote_lcap20%SO What do you want next?! Vote_rcap
 20% [ 10 ]
Pie/Cake/Tacos
SO What do you want next?! Vote_lcap17%SO What do you want next?! Vote_rcap
 17% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 51

AuthorMessage
Imperial
Admin
Admin
Imperial

Male
Number of posts : 510
Registration date : 2008-03-04

SO What do you want next?! Empty
PostSubject: SO What do you want next?!   SO What do you want next?! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 4:26 am

What do you guys want in the next tournament? From rules, to style of tournament to...anything. Give us some suggestions.

Last edited by Imperial on Sun May 04, 2008 8:07 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Echo
Echo

Number of posts : 288
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: SO What do you want next?!   SO What do you want next?! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 4:31 am

Personally...Since most people use Mp as a style I'd like to see a Melee style tourny. -Nods- I still have a craving for Melee. It stops the power bickering among people. Either Weapons or none it doesn't matter I'm all in for it.
Back to top Go down
i_am_mister_perfect
Admin
Admin
i_am_mister_perfect

Male
Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2008-02-20

PostSubject: Re: SO What do you want next?!   SO What do you want next?! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 4:55 am

I think it'd be interesting to have a Melee tournament with the option of partnering up with someone, or fighting alone. Since it's realistic and all, it'd be pretty awesome to watch one person beat two, or two people working together like in a real fight. o.o;
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/inevitable_demolition
.Acrimonious MUSE.
.Acrimonious MUSE.

Female
Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2008-03-07

PostSubject: Re: SO What do you want next?!   SO What do you want next?! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 6:22 am

Why not combine the two? Have the choices of either going at it alone or with a partner in the tourney, as well as going with no weapons or with weapons.
Back to top Go down
Alexander Marradenche
Alexander Marradenche

Male
Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: SO What do you want next?!   SO What do you want next?! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 3:34 am

A melee tourny sounds....Interesting.
Back to top Go down
.mage

Male
Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2008-03-03

PostSubject: Re: SO What do you want next?!   SO What do you want next?! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 8:04 am

Mild Powers or Melee. No more team tournaments, too much reliance on your partner, we've had too many disqualifications.
Back to top Go down
Slaughter King
Slaughter King

Male
Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: SO What do you want next?!   SO What do you want next?! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 9:35 am

Code:
I was thinking three way fights would be interesting. A "Tag Team" to be accurate.

In short, Three people would start, one from each team, and no team mate can tag in their own team outside the arena. Instead it would be composed of a little game, like hitting a certain button, calling out a name, etc. By doing so, it can drastically change the odds at almost any point.

You cannot Prep or gain prep while outside the arena.

If you were previously in the ring and have prep when exiting with the switch, you have that prep to hold until you return to the ring.

To "Tag" costs a prep worth of energy.

People cannot tag themselves inside the arena.

You don't have to KO everyone to win, only be in the ring and take out all opposing teams. In other words, if some people of the other teams are still outside the ring when you OK someone from each of the opposet teams, you win. Yes, even if the others are still alive.

It's still a rough, but you get the idea. The sheer chaos of it would cause people to really have to think on their feet, and be sure when to use their preps, after all, it may screw them over if it wasn't done right.
Back to top Go down
Alexander Marradenche
Alexander Marradenche

Male
Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: SO What do you want next?!   SO What do you want next?! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 3:22 am

The only problem I see with this is that a lot of us have busy scheduals, and this would involve those in the fight to be able to make a post at almost an instants notice, and I realize that fourty eight hours may not seem like an instant, but for some of us, we have to be gone for more then two days at a time.

So if this were to be the next tourny, the people in it would have to make agreement that they will respond as needed to keep the fight afloat.
Back to top Go down
i_am_mister_perfect
Admin
Admin
i_am_mister_perfect

Male
Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2008-02-20

PostSubject: Re: SO What do you want next?!   SO What do you want next?! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 3:48 am

I think Xion's idea is very creative, but Willy has a point.
48 hours might not be enough.
Is there a way to slightly change Xion's idea so that we still keep the basis of creativity, but overcome the problem[s]?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/inevitable_demolition
Slaughter King
Slaughter King

Male

PostSubject: Re: SO What do you want next?!   SO What do you want next?! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 7:57 am

Thus why I never stated a time. I gave the idea with what I know was solid, everything else could be worked out. Also keep in mind, it was just a rough idea.
Back to top Go down
Zelis
Zelis

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: SO What do you want next?!   SO What do you want next?! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 8:34 am

The 48 hour post deadline killed off several teams this time. I vote for having at least a 72 hour window, if not 96. Patience is a virtue.

As for the idea proposed by the madman, it sounds stupidly complicated.

I like it.

~looks at the madman~ Where did you come up with the idea for the arena you used against Angel?
Back to top Go down
Slaughter King
Slaughter King

Male

PostSubject: Re: SO What do you want next?!   SO What do you want next?! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 12:48 pm

From the top of my head. Like everything else, it's just a whim.

Honestly it must not have been a great idea if I had to explain it with more detail to more people.
Back to top Go down
.mage

Male

PostSubject: Re: SO What do you want next?!   SO What do you want next?! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 5:06 pm

No teammates, too much reliance on our teammates is going to 'cause the same chaos it does in every other tournament. One person ends up screwed against two because his teammate didn't show up in time.

1 on 1 rounds, I don't care what style.
Back to top Go down
Elrith Eldwend
Elrith Eldwend

Male
Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: SO What do you want next?!   SO What do you want next?! Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 1:30 am

Perhaps we should establish an Arena, or a Collisium, wher ppl can come an fight just to fight. Jugdes can then mediate the fights properly. Having a different board for each style, and then different threads for team and solo fights as well as tournies and different fights in their own right.
Back to top Go down
Imperial
Admin
Admin
Imperial

Male

PostSubject: Re: SO What do you want next?!   SO What do you want next?! Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 1:34 am

Aenied has a place like that already: Click In plain sight for all to see.

Please keep comments in this topic about the tournament, not the battle arena in general.
Back to top Go down
Ziren
Ziren

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-04-16

PostSubject: Re: SO What do you want next?!   SO What do you want next?! Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 12:17 am

Free for all.

It eliminates waiting for matches to get over. People who are disqualified are eliminated and the fight can resume immediately, since there are no brackets. There's also another advantage: if the tournament is a complete bomb, only the people who actually can and want to fight will be left over, leading to a much faster conclusion for the next tournament.

And honestly, how many battle royales do you see? Not many! Singles tournament? Team tournament? Bah, we've all done thousands of those.
Back to top Go down
Slaughter King
Slaughter King

Male

PostSubject: Re: SO What do you want next?!   SO What do you want next?! Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 4:04 pm

You don't see many because if you get too many people in the free for all, it's chaos. Not only is it harder to remember, but it leaves more people for each individual to argue with about theories. In all, it makes it much harder for the judges.
Back to top Go down
Ziren
Ziren

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-04-16

PostSubject: Re: SO What do you want next?!   SO What do you want next?! Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 8:14 pm

That says more about the skill of the fighters and the judges than it does about the format of the tournament.
Back to top Go down
Marvel
Marvel

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: SO What do you want next?!   SO What do you want next?! Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 12:41 am

A free for all would interesting enough, but, I do see the advantages and disadvantages that both of you have pointed out. On the one hand, those who are genuine about their interest in the tournament (or a tournament, in general) will remain whereas those who only do it to follow the norm will die off and leave those true in the wake. It eliminates the tedious details of making new threads over and over for the new combatants. This way we have one single thread that all interact.

As far as confusion goes, what one can do is a Judge can post in the thread itself after the complete first order of fighters have posted (stating either the effects the moves placed and/or those who the characters are locked in on). Or something along those lines.

On the other hand, I agree with King when he says there will be an overall chaos to the entire thing. But, keeping a tighter leash on the fighters can eliminate that easily. Put restrictions on the fight, or the tournament as a whole. Place stage limitations or boundaries and restrictions on the stage itself that binds specific abilities or actions.

Plus, if we consider an idea everyone can discuss it and get the other's thoughts on it. This is what this thread is for, right?
Back to top Go down
Imperial
Admin
Admin
Imperial

Male

PostSubject: Re: SO What do you want next?!   SO What do you want next?! Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 3:26 am

A simple poll has been added. Vote once for [Singles, Team, or Free for all] and then once more for [Melee, Mild Powers, or Pie]
Back to top Go down
Twilight Edge
Twilight Edge

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-04-12

PostSubject: Re: SO What do you want next?!   SO What do you want next?! Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 4:54 pm

Free for All and Mild Power. Most one on one's I've been to, half the people forfeit, disappear, or stage a loss, or it just stops in the middle of everything. If it's mild power, there will be less quantum theories and rocket science to lecture people on.

No Pie, just cake... as a reward <_<
Back to top Go down
Imperial
Admin
Admin
Imperial

Male

PostSubject: Re: SO What do you want next?!   SO What do you want next?! Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 7:21 pm

Looks like we're going to have a Mild Powers free for all.
Unless of course the polls change within the next few days.
Back to top Go down
Imperial
Admin
Admin
Imperial

Male

PostSubject: Re: SO What do you want next?!   SO What do you want next?! Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 8:11 pm

Clint M. wrote:
In the heat of all this excitement and creativiy, I'd like everyone to pitch in an idea or even just make a statement of what you think about what others are saying.

That being said, I was recently talking to Imperial and we brought up the topic of a similar but slightly different team-tournament than the last.

1. Team may enter with an amount of players up to a limit of five.
  2. The default and only arena would be a large, sturdy platform that if falling off would mean a loss.
  3. Judges would choose which team-member[s] faught whom.
  4. If a team advances, and the same combatants are chosen to fight again fatigue and damage would follow with them.

This, of course, is just an outline of an idea and any part may be modified or even erased entirely. If you'd like to suggest and make an addition to to, please feel free as it is encouraged along with any of your own ideas for tournaments.
Back to top Go down
.mage

Male

PostSubject: Re: SO What do you want next?!   SO What do you want next?! Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 4:21 pm

No.

Free for All Mild powers, lets not make things complicated. We already know what happens on this forum, and every single other roleplay forum when we have any form of 'team'. People bail, leaving their teammates screwed.
Back to top Go down
Imperial
Admin
Admin
Imperial

Male

PostSubject: Re: SO What do you want next?!   SO What do you want next?! Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 4:25 pm

Yes, Listen to Evan he knows all about people bailing in tournaments! He's a pro at it. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SO What do you want next?!   SO What do you want next?! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SO What do you want next?!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Designated Theme :: Battle Arena :: Tournaments-
Jump to: