Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Approaching Darkness

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Halo Head
Halo Head

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2008-04-29

Approaching Darkness - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Approaching Darkness   Approaching Darkness - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 11:57 pm

Felix manuevered around the long table, alas plopping down opposite to Pre. He placed a maroon cloth on his lap, turning his gaze over towards Pre. "I should say sorry for having .." Felix's lips curved up in a faint smile, "dropped in on you." He glanced over the fancy utensils, reaching out to pick up an elegant fork. Even the tiniest details were chosen to match the setting of Eden Estate; it almost seemed as if each speck was made to be proper and elegant, but nowhere near falsely gaudy. Once again, Felix praised his friend mentally for his decisive style.

"How long has it been since you last ate?" For Felix, he ate just this morning. If it isn't for the fact that few people actually visit these parts, he wouldn't mind staying here forever. Delicious food, great scenary, maids, luxerious lifestyle... It is indeed too bad that so few people actually come so far to visit Eden Estate. Being in the depths of nature, it is thus far unpolluted by city-life. If there's more society here, Felix would be willing to be here for ever. But then again, the trade for society could turn this noble felicity to a polluted city.

Reaching out, he picked up two slices of whole grain bread. The crusts were cut off neatly, already prepared for those wanting dinner; Felix used his fork to place a chunk of crispy roast on the bread, then a slice of cheese, some lettuce, tomatoes, and other vegetables. Making a sandwhich, Felix placed it on his plate.
Back to top Go down
Prelettis
Prelettis

Female
Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2008-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Approaching Darkness   Approaching Darkness - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 12:11 am

Prelettis stared down at the many types of food and bit her lip confused. She wasn't suited for such high quality life styles like this, glancing away from the table she looked across the table at him instead, watching everything he did to see if it would help her understand. "I haven't eaten in about a week, I got lost after searching through this creepy swamp area and next thing I know I'm wandering around in that forest with no idea how to get out."

She randomly picked a fork, and looked it over to see if it would handle the dumplings she'd been eyeing earlier. It didn't seem right somehow and her mind was whirling in circles, almost making her want to slam her head in the table. But now wasn't the time for that, or for tipping over her chair.
Back to top Go down
Halo Head
Halo Head

PostSubject: Re: Approaching Darkness   Approaching Darkness - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 1:27 am

"Oh, the forest." Felix remember having traveled through it when he first came upon here. It had been a disaster, trying to manuever through the woods. Creatures of all sorts lurked in the shadows, and it seemed like an eternity before he came upon a stone path. The path led him towards Eden Estate, and he has been here ever since. "I got lost when I first came here. It was terrible. I'm going to bring a map when I go back out again." Perhaps he would bring a horse, too. The stables behind the manor keeps a set of tamed horses.

"Dig in." Felix chuckled, lifting his sandwhich. The delicious smell of crispy roast reached his nostrils, and he smiled. Taking a bite of the sandwhich, he chewed and placed it back on the plate. The candles around them never dimmed, and even if it seemed like it would, someone would step in and light it up all over again.

"Do you like the dumplings?"
Back to top Go down
Prelettis
Prelettis

Female

PostSubject: Re: Approaching Darkness   Approaching Darkness - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 1:51 am

Prelettis finally decided her fork was good enough and pulled the dumplings closer to her. She reached in and speared a dumpling and twirled it around on the fork before shoving it in her mouth. When she swallowed it she smiled happily and stabbed more onto her fork. "I think I'm in love with whoever made these, he must be amazing...or she. Not even mother could make something so divine and she'd been the best one in the village."

She sighed and ate three more, rubbing her stomach when they hit the emptiness there. She looked away from the dumplings and glanced at the other foods laid out on the table. "I suppose I should be trying some of that other food instead of eating all these scrumptious dumplings."
Back to top Go down
Halo Head
Halo Head

PostSubject: Re: Approaching Darkness   Approaching Darkness - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 2:02 am

Felix was eating his sandwhich whilst Pre ate her dumplings. Eventually, he finished his roast sandwhich. Picking up a glass bowl, he placed some salad on his plate. It was very much like ceasar salad, with the sauce, but instead of chicken, there's fresh shrimp. Poking a large shell'less shrimp with his fork, he lifted it to his lips. He was enjoying his salad before Pre spoke up, which made him look up. "Don't be too full. We'll have desert." Felix was known for having a big appetite, though it isn't much compared to his older brother. He almost laughed aloud at the reminiscents of them eating together; his brother, muscular and strong, could eat twice as much as him. Their sister, on the other, is more like their mother. They don't eat much, with their petite frames. Now that Felix thinks about it, it must be an interesting set of siblings; the three of them look almost nothing alike, each having a different body structure.

"What kind of desert do you like?"
Back to top Go down
Prelettis
Prelettis

Female

PostSubject: Re: Approaching Darkness   Approaching Darkness - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 8:04 pm

Prelettis tilted her bowl and looked inside it, noticing it seemed half-full now, It's already that low and I've only taken off an edge to my hunger. Must be good if I haven't noticed how much I ate. Fiddling with her fork she continued staring at the bowl of dumplings, contemplating how to finish them off with out seeming like a homeless begger. Though sometimes it seemed that's what she was, always begging food off people, and never settling down in a nice comfortable home like her mind often told her to. Hearing his question she tapped her foot on the ground, beating out a silent rhythm before speaking.

"I love strawberries with chocolate but I don't know if that's a dessert. If you mix it with ice cream I suppose it would be one."
Back to top Go down
Halo Head
Halo Head

PostSubject: Re: Approaching Darkness   Approaching Darkness - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 9:31 pm

Felix felt something stir around them. His acute senses could at least tell him that much. Glancing about subtly, he caught a pair of bright red eyes peering at them from the darkness. The intensity of the gaze told him it was Ken's. Ken has very peculiar eyes: very intense, concentrated, and brilliant. Ken would be able to hear with his ears, and with his mind, what Pre wants for desert. He treats his guests to the best, and expects them to leave satisfied. A perfectionist, some could describe Ken as. He's adept at what he does, from riding, to sports, to reading, to art and music. That could be granted from his vast fortune, or information consuming mind.

"Mmmmm, strawberries dipped in chocolate. That sounds good. In the forests around here, and in the acres of land behind here, are fruits of all sorts. The strawberries are huge." Felix made a gesture with his hand, showing her how large the strawberries were. Indeed, they would be at least three times the size of an average strawberry. "Sweet and delicious, too." Felix picked up a fork, stabbing at some lettuce before he lifted it to his mouth.
Back to top Go down
Prelettis
Prelettis

Female

PostSubject: Re: Approaching Darkness   Approaching Darkness - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 9:56 pm

Prelettis stared at him and looked up in the air as she imagined the strawberries, sweet, juicy, and plump. She sighed and looked back at her bowl, noticing that during her enjoyable daydream of eating the world's largest amount of strawberries and swimming in lakes of chocolate, she's finished off her dumplings. Hold it right there stomach, you need to stop eating when I'm trying to daydream. It's not going to digest or something if you keep it up. And think of how rude it is to Felix, eating like a starved pig. I can't believe you. Just to prove to herself she flicked her stomach in mocking manner like her sister used to do to her.

She didn't want to bring up the state of her lack of dumplings so she decided to keep that part silent, “I can't wait to try them, it sounds so good I'm going to hold off eating anymore. Besides I find that watching you eat is much more fun then stuffing my face full, "and for her stomach she whispered, "Take that, you gluttonous cow of a stomach that used to bemy own."
Back to top Go down
Halo Head
Halo Head

PostSubject: Re: Approaching Darkness   Approaching Darkness - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 11:09 pm

Felix wasn't really paying attention as Pre ate. He was finishing off his plate of salad before putting the fork down. People started to file into the room, picking up the plates and utensils. After a few minutes' silence, new plates and utensils were brought out. A round basket was placed between them, and the straw lid was thrown off. Ripe, large strawberries were in the basket, almost overfilling the round shape. Two cups were placed beside the basket, one of vanilla ice-cream, and the other of chocolate dip. Felix smiled; Ken has done his homework well, indeed.

"I've never had those before. But I do know the strawberries are delicious." Felix reached out, grabbing a plump strawberry. Dipping it on the chocolate sauce, he licked it to his mouth. Taking a bite, the sweet flavor was what he tasted first, then the strawberry. "Mmmm. This is great." He licked the chocolate off his lips, and finished his strawberry.
Back to top Go down
Prelettis
Prelettis

Female

PostSubject: Re: Approaching Darkness   Approaching Darkness - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 12:44 am

Prelettis watched him eat his strawberry and sighed softly before reaching for a strawberry of her own, glancing at the chocolate she stretched forward and dipped it lightly in chocolate. She leaned back down and resituated herself in the chair, tucking her legs underneath herself as she licked half the chocolate off the strawberry taking care not to get it on herself so she didn't become sticky.

After she did so she took a bite of the strawberry and smiled as she ate the rest of it, "These really are good, and I've never seen people switch out dishes so quickly, they must be as skilled as the cooks."
Back to top Go down
Halo Head
Halo Head

PostSubject: Re: Approaching Darkness   Approaching Darkness - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 1:02 am

Felix smiled, watching Pre lick, then devour her strawberry soon after he did. "Well, probably in cooking, not nearly as skilled as the cook." From what Felix has heard, the cooks of the Eden Estate could be compared to the professionals and famous. "But the people here works fast." After eating his share, Felix rests his palms upon the edge of the table. Indeed, Ken would only accept the best of the bests to work for him and look after his abode.

"But the master here is very picky. He would only hire those who do a miraculous job." Felix was sure Ken heard him, and he smiled subtly. Something stirred in his mind, and he felt Ken at work on it, prodding jokingly at his mind. That's another of Ken's ability, to assault the mind with weapons that seem almost real.. except Ken never intended to hury Felix. It was all for good fun.

"If you're lucky, you won't ever meet him."
Back to top Go down
Prelettis
Prelettis

Female

PostSubject: Re: Approaching Darkness   Approaching Darkness - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 1:40 am

Prelettis tossed a strawberry back and forth between her hands and swiftly dunked it into the chocolate before shoving in her mouth whole. It took her a few seconds to chew it completely and swallow it, " I'm not always lucky so it's bound to happen, even if I don't want to. Like me getting lost all the time, that’s not lucky at all." She soon finished her strawberries off and prodded her stomach, finding it full.

She changed the position of her legs and set one down on the ground to balance herself as she moved around on the chair, finding a better spot that wouldn't put her foot to sleep like the foot on the floor was.
Back to top Go down
Halo Head
Halo Head

PostSubject: Re: Approaching Darkness   Approaching Darkness - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 9:55 pm

Felix smiled gently, and shook his head. "You won't like him. He's picky, rude, prideful, and all these other unpleasant things." Again, Felix felt the playful jab in his mind. It felt like a minor headache, and he suavely lifted his hands, rubbing the tips of his fingers upon his temples. Perhaps Pre won't notice the motion. Either he would have to stop speaking of Ken in such dishonest eyes, or Ken would have to stop messing with his mind.

"When you're ready, I'll get someone to find you a room, and some new clothing." A good half of Felix's face was in shadow, due to the flickering flames from the candles around them. Ruffling his fine tendrils of hair with his fingers, shadows beneath his thick, curly eyelashes made it seem like angels descended upon his face...not that Felix doesn't already look like a perfect mixture of a Greek god and angel already.
Back to top Go down
Prelettis
Prelettis

Female

PostSubject: Re: Approaching Darkness   Approaching Darkness - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 2:55 am

Prelettis glanced down at the table, sliding a piece of hair back and forth on the table like a broom. " I like everyone, no matter how wrong they can get I don't mind. A person has different qualities that make them liked by people who understand. Though now I'm talking nonsense I guess." Pulling her hair away from the table she tucked it behind her ear and looked up.

She sighed and slapped her leg in anticipation, "This means I get to see more of the palace like home. And I suppose new clothing would be nice, as long as they don't take away the dress I'm wearing now. When I get back out into the world, I'm going to make an even better dress from this one." Nodding to herself at her sudden decision she glanced around the room once then looked back towards Felix.
Back to top Go down
Halo Head
Halo Head

PostSubject: Re: Approaching Darkness   Approaching Darkness - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 4:05 am

The jabbing in his mind ceased; it seems Ken is contemplating about Pre's words. His friend sometimes would open slightly up the barred gates of his mind, allowing Felix to know how he feels. Felix could easily sense that Ken is satisfied with Pre's answer, thus he made no move yet. Felix stood back up, manuevering around the table to stand beside Pre's chair. Holding out a hand, he placed his other palm against the back of her chair.

"Then lets go."

There was a slight pause, "I don't think they'd take your dress." The tables were cleared by more people coming in, and they disappeared as soon as they came. Fidelius, however, appeared beside Felix. Fidelius bowed to both Pre and Felix, and said in a gentle voice, "I'll show you where to bring Miss Pre to bathe and change." Felix nodded his thanks, and gazed at Pre, holding his hand out for her to take.
Back to top Go down
Prelettis
Prelettis

Female

PostSubject: Re: Approaching Darkness   Approaching Darkness - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 12:37 am

Prelettis shifted and set both her feet firmly on the ground to the side of her chair, and looked up at him standing by her chair, "Alright, if you say they won't take it then I believe you. After all, I doubt they'd want to even touch this old ragged thing, it does look like it came off a dead person." She reached over and grabbed hold of his hand, smiling slightly as she did. She glanced at Fidelius and her smile widened at the small ‘miss’ at the front of her name.

"I'm going to forget soon so I better ask now, What type of sane person would go walking out at night? I'd keep myself locked in with many different people and wonderful food like the stuff you have here, talking till everyone fell asleep or begged me to stop before someone died of a major heart attack."
Back to top Go down
Halo Head
Halo Head

PostSubject: Re: Approaching Darkness   Approaching Darkness - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 4:26 am

Fidelius led them off, out of the dining room and back into the grand hallway. Felix held Pre's hand, making sure she wouldn't lose her way in the huge manor. They went up the puzzling, curving staircase, reaching the second floor. There were windows upon the walls at various points, allowing moonlight to stream in as a source of light. Fidelius led them towards one of the first rooms to the left, pushing open the wooden door.

"You can bathe in here, Miss Pre. I'll arrange the clothing and bedroom."

With that, Fidelius slipped away. Felix released Pre's hand, sweeping a hand towards the bathroom. "I'll be right out here as you get done." He had ignored her question before, taking his time to think of a reply. It would be .. difficult to explain the geniune reasons. "The scenary is so beautiful. I love to take walks."
Back to top Go down
Prelettis
Prelettis

Female

PostSubject: Re: Approaching Darkness   Approaching Darkness - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 8:22 pm

Prelettis took a few steps forward, away from him and towards the bathroom patting the wall to make sure this was real. She turned slightly and looked over her shoulder at him. "From my point of view it wasn't so nice, but I was starved and lost and hating everything at that moment... So I guess it does look nice, I'll find out in time." She walked further into the bathroom and gazed at the room.

She turned around and faced him, "I'll try not to take too long, but being a girl and all, "She laughed softly and shook her head.
Back to top Go down
Halo Head
Halo Head

PostSubject: Re: Approaching Darkness   Approaching Darkness - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 9:30 pm

Felix took in the appearance of the room as Pre stepped in. The walls and floors were of polished marble, and a mirror that would easily show Pre's whole body hung on the wall. There was a toilet, shower, and bath-tub. Tubs wrapped in white towels were placed neatly near the tub, and a sink was to the side of the large room. The light from above kept the room from being in darkness.

"I'l be here." Felix nodded, offering a small smile before closing the door behind Pre.
Back to top Go down
Prelettis
Prelettis

Female

PostSubject: Re: Approaching Darkness   Approaching Darkness - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 9:48 pm

Prelettis looked between the shower and the bathtub, scratching her head in thought she shrugged and chose the bath. Shrugging off her clothes she sat down crossed legged in tub and reached up, turning on the water, putting it on the correct temperature, nice and warm. She looked around and picked up everything she would need before leaning back and waiting for the bath to fill. Once it was good and ready she turned off the water and began her bath.

After washing her hair and going through three major scrubbings, her bath seemed to take a little of thirty minutes. She Stood and shook her head before stepping out and wrapping a towel around herself. She glanced in the mirror and poked her reflection's forehead before sitting down on top of the toilet seat. "Oh...Guess I should've asked about the clothes. Dang it."
Back to top Go down
Halo Head
Halo Head

PostSubject: Re: Approaching Darkness   Approaching Darkness - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 2:06 am

Kenneth was overlooking the scene, trying to make it as obscure as he possibly can. He's not much interested in peeking -- just, .. making sure everything would be alright. By the time he calculated Pre would be done, he dispatched a message to Felix. Felix received this message, and getting a neatly folded set of clothes put into his arms, moved back towards the bathroom. She should be about done.

Felix stood outside the room Pre was shown into, standing by the door. His eyes were closed, and once again, the light caused his thick, curly eyelashes to shadow upon his face, making it seem like an angel descended. He would not peek.

"When you're ready, open the door and get the clothes. I won't look."

Indeed, the intention was that Pre would open the door quickly, take the armful of clothing, and go back inside, closing the door behind her.
Back to top Go down
Prelettis
Prelettis

Female

PostSubject: Re: Approaching Darkness   Approaching Darkness - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 1:14 am

Prelettis was sitting there silently when she heard his voice, she hopped up lithely and went to the bathroom door. "Um...well. If I so much as see a glance at me, I won't be able to control how hard you'll be getting kicked." Taking a deep breath she leaned against the door and pulled it open, hoping she wouldn't hit him, then quickly grabbed the clothes and ran back in the bathroom, accidentally slamming the door.

She went over and set the clothes down then tilted her head and looked at them for a moment, It's been awhile since I actually had clothes that fit perfect, I wonder what these feel like. Sighing she looked to her discarded dress, "Well old buddy, it's been nice knowing you."
Back to top Go down
Halo Head
Halo Head

PostSubject: Re: Approaching Darkness   Approaching Darkness - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 2:29 am

Felix felt the heap of clothing lifted off his arms, and opened his eyes when the door slammed. Kenneth had it made to fit her; indeed, his friend is the most anyone can hope for in a host. There was a white tanktop, and a silk robe that would fit over it if Pre wanted to put it on. Pants made of smooth silk would fit nicely upon her lower-body, not too lose, but not too tight.

Felix glanced down at himself; he changed out of his denim and long-sleeve, aswell. A white short-sleeved shirt loosely held his upper-body, with black shorts. He isn't nearly as muscular as his brother or father. He remembers how bulky they were, with fine muscles, perfect like orbs, following their broad, strong physiques. Felix is slimmer, with a toned figure, athletic, just not body-builder.

It should be about time Pre gets out of the bathroom.
Back to top Go down
Prelettis
Prelettis

Female

PostSubject: Re: Approaching Darkness   Approaching Darkness - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 3:33 am

Prelettis picked up the clothes, and let the towel drop to the floor as she slid into the shirt and then the pants. She wanted to wear the robe but it seemed she had realized that her arms were free and couldn't resist yelling, "No more Dresses! My arms can breathe again! The blood's back!" Once her excitement toned down a little she went over and picked up the remaining dirty clothes as well as the clean robe.

She carefully opened the door and stepped out, "Well how do I look? Cleaner I'm sure. Oh but before you answer that I need to figure out what to do with all these dirty things. I'm going to hold on to this soft robe though, I might want to use it later."
Back to top Go down
Halo Head
Halo Head

PostSubject: Re: Approaching Darkness   Approaching Darkness - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 3:44 am

Felix stepped up, eyeing Pre keenly as she came out. He took her dirty dress from her, nodding towards it, "I'll bring it to the laundry room. You can have it back." Then he turned, draping the dress over his shoulder as he led her off. They moved through the hallway, but Felix moved at such a pace, glancing back a few times each minute, to make sure Pre was following behind him.

They moved through the hallway, passing by various closed doors. They reached one alas that made Felix turn. Reaching out, he slid a silver key into the knob of the door; turning, there was a click, and Felix pushed the door open.

"And here, is your room."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Approaching Darkness   Approaching Darkness - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Approaching Darkness
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next