Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Approaching Darkness

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Prelettis
Prelettis

Female
Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2008-02-24

Approaching Darkness - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Approaching Darkness   Approaching Darkness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 5:48 am

Prelettis looked at the door he had just opened and looked back toward the others before she stepped up to the wall next to what was going to became her temporary room. If every door had it's own key that would be a pain to carry, she had a mental picture of the world's largest ball of keys. Knowing that her mind was going to go over this for a while she decided to ask, "Does every door have it's own key or does that one work for them all?"

She moved up next to him and glanced at him once before she studied the room intently.
Back to top Go down
Halo Head
Halo Head

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Approaching Darkness   Approaching Darkness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 9:17 pm

Once the door swung ajar, it revealed a well-proportioned room. A large bed was against the wall, with a window on the other side. A table was set near the window, and a closet was un another corner of the room. A mirror was set against the wall, large enough to reflect a tall personage's figure. Hardwood furnitures decorated the room, matching the whole of the estate's elegant furnishings.

Felix tucked the key into a pocket, "A key is able to open most of the rooms, but some of the more private ones, like the room of the master of the manor, has a separate key." He paused, "The room directly next to this one is mine. If you need anything, you can find me."
Back to top Go down
Prelettis
Prelettis

Female

PostSubject: Re: Approaching Darkness   Approaching Darkness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 3:29 am

Prelettis walked into the room and tilted her head toward the window before looking toward the bed, "it works for me, well... I guess you're going to be going now." Sighing she set herself on the edge of the bed and glanced back at the window, "If I have a scary dream and fall out of my bed don't come running. Course If I don't shut up within 5 minutes you might have to gag me and throw me in a closet."

She looked down and smiled slightly, "I was thrown in a closet once, by this beggar who was tired of me asking him for change. I still don't know how he got a closet out of nowhere." Yawning, she fell backwards on the bed and muttered, "I know where you'll be now, unless you're willing to stand there the whole night as I sleep talk of something you better go get ready for your own bed."
Back to top Go down
Halo Head
Halo Head

PostSubject: Re: Approaching Darkness   Approaching Darkness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 3:47 pm

Felix's hand lifted, brushing strands of golden blonde hair from his face. His eyes were a light blue hue by now, glowing with a faint sense of tenderness. He stepped towards the door, and turned to glance back at Pre, "I'll be in the room beside you. Bang on my door if you need me." There was a slight pause as Felix peered at Pre in silence, then turned and strolled out the door, closing it behind him.

By the time Pre's in trouble, however, it's likely that Felix would already be by her side. Indeed, Ken is like a broadcaster, or spy. He would be able to alert Felix when he felt something bothering Pre, and Felix would be able to rush to Pre's room. Sometimes Felix wishes he has such aptitude with the mind, but then again, is it a curse or blessing to hear everyone's thoughts? To feel the deepest pain, hear the darkest secrets?
Back to top Go down
Prelettis
Prelettis

Female

PostSubject: Re: Approaching Darkness   Approaching Darkness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 7:42 pm

Prelettis stared at the door as it closed and continued watching it for several moments, So, alone once again. ]i]That must suck for you, alone in this big room. With no type of company around except for your mind[/i]. She sat up and looked towards the mirror, standing up to walk over to it, "Oh shush, I have plenty of company. Who needs a mind when you have friends?" She rubbed her finger across the glass and drew a female stick figure inside a large bubble. if you have friends then why don't I see them? She had to agree with her mind there so she went back to the bed and curled up on the bed, watching her lone figure on the mirror imagining it surrounded by friends who couldn't reach the bubble.

"If only someone had a needle." She rolled over and went to sleep.
Back to top Go down
Halo Head
Halo Head

PostSubject: Re: Approaching Darkness   Approaching Darkness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 9:34 pm

Felix came into his room, closing it behind him before plopping down on the bed. Kenneth had picked out the furnitures, making it perfect for Felix's wishes. Mind-reading powers, indeed, come in handy. Felix fell back into bed, and exhaustion made his eyes close. The slights seem to turn off on their own accord. Felix's not the type that would lay in bed and think, so he slept as soon as he landed upon the comforting sheets. It seemed as if the curtain itself had a will of their own, fluttering before falling over the window, covering it.

Felix dreamt of his family that night. His elder brother, big, broad, masculine and handsome... His sister, petite like their mother, a show-stopper.. The father, reserved, honourable, strong... Felix's mother, firm, witty, and kind. Felix is most like his mother, espicially so because of his physical appearance. And so the night passed like this.
Back to top Go down
Kenneth Calhoun
Kenneth Calhoun

Male
Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Approaching Darkness   Approaching Darkness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 10:00 pm

Kenneth perched upon the leather chair of his desk, arms resting upon the edge of the hardwood table. Enigmatic thoughts were siphoned through rapidly, and he sensed the loneliness in the air: the desolation subconsciously hidden in Pre's very core, and beneath Felix's happy-go-lucky exterior. Alas, Ken's positioned shifted; a hand reached out, fingers curling with the top of a ink pen. Ken flipped open a blank journal, and started scribbling away on the first page, tall figure bent over the paper as he wrote:

First day:
I came upon Pre as I sat outside the estate. I sensed her presence, and withdrew back to the concealment of my room. I sent Felix to welcome her into the Eden Estate. Many subconscious things exist within her, many of which she suspects secretly, but never journeyed to puzzle them out. The separate of her sister and herself agonizes her. She is much like Felix; cheerful on the outside, and crumbling inside. Her favorite desert is strawberry dipped in ice cream and chocolate. She currently sleeps in the room beside Felix's. More about this visitor will be recorded a later time, with Felix as the bait and distraction.

Kenneth closed the book, placing the pen down. He flipped the book over, eyeing the spine of it absently. On it is a single word in fine, cursive writing: Prelettis.
Back to top Go down
Grim
Grim

Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Approaching Darkness   Approaching Darkness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 10:18 pm

Grim sat down under a tree, not exasted in the least. The tree was tall and leafed out nicely, providing shade in the day, shelter at night.

Grim had heard stories of Eden Estate. Not stories, really, but more rumors of some really cool place in the woods. That was her take on it, anyway. She could close her eyes and remember the bush-whacking boredom that was her path of travel, and open them again without some one's thoughts invading her.

Grim had learned early in her life to block some one else's thoughts. She had enough of a problem with her own head, and she didn't need every one else's problems blending with her own. It had came in handy when she met some one with her talent; if they tried to invade her head, all they hit was a black wall. Her own protection from the world. She was invisible to any one who could read thoughts.

The Estate was in front of her and her tree. She could just see the lights shining out from between the branches and leaves, and no one knew she was there, hiding. She still couldn't figure out why she had even come here. Because of curiousity? She had too much of that. Something to stray from the norm? What was even considered normal anymore, anyway?

She leaned her head back on the tree trunk, closed her eyes, and sighed. What was with this life, anyway?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/suk_pine_cone
Prelettis
Prelettis

Female

PostSubject: Re: Approaching Darkness   Approaching Darkness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 10:25 pm

Prelettis kept her eyes closed as she lifted a hand to her neck, "I slept wrong again." She rolled over to get up and rolled extremely close to the edge of the bed. She sighed and sat up, holding her head as she felt the start of a headache, "It's going to be my birthday soon, I'll be old before I know it at this rate.” She scooted off the bed and turned around, smoothing out the few wrinkles she had made, "At least I don't get my birthday lashes." She looked around the room and wondered what she was supposed to be doing now, was a guest allowed to just walk out of her room?

Tapping her hands on the bed, she watched the door to see if it would move, when it didn't she grew bored and went to the mirror to try and fix the tangles her hair had gained in the night. Once again she grew bored and started to pace the floor before going to the window Would it hurt if I jumped out the window, I think I should try it just once
Back to top Go down
Halo Head
Halo Head

PostSubject: Re: Approaching Darkness   Approaching Darkness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 10:39 pm

Felix was awake by then, shifting out of bed. He glanced out the window, and something happened upon his vision. Head tilting, he saw a female on a tree. .. Isn't that a bit bizarre? He sent the thought away to Ken regarding anothers' presence, then just as quickly received a reply. It was rather peculiar, that Ken would not have sensed it. Ken with his aptitude of mind.. Felix strolled out of his room, pausing at Pre's door, knocking on it.

"Want to help me find something, Pre?"

Felix moved to a nearby window, glancing out to see the female on a tree again. He stared at her curiously, waiting for Pre. Ken had told him to get Pre, go out and get the other visitor aswell, then bring them both into the estate. It seems the latter had aroused Ken's curiousity, with the fact that he couldn't sense her thoughts and presence..
Back to top Go down
Prelettis
Prelettis

Female

PostSubject: Re: Approaching Darkness   Approaching Darkness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 10:53 pm

Pulling away from the window, Prelettis smiled and skipped towards the door, and opened it "Yay! Saved by Felix! I could give you a big hug right now, but I have to help you first." Glancing around the halls she stepped out and closed the door behind her, shutting out the view of her bedroom window, ignoring her minds idea of a fun game of childhood window jumping.

She looked towards the window he was near and sighed, stupid windows everywhere. My minds going to end up convincing me that it's fun. Brushing her hair back she blinked as she realized that something was missing and she knew exactly what it was, would the person washing clothes freak when she finds knives in the dress? "So... Do you know what we're going to find and do I get a hint?"
Back to top Go down
Halo Head
Halo Head

PostSubject: Re: Approaching Darkness   Approaching Darkness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 1:34 am

Felix chuckled, placing his hands upon Pre's shoulders as he pushed her onwards, down the hall. They were moving down the elegant, curving staircase, and onto the hall downstairs. Reaching the door, Fidelius approached them. The butler bowed, addressing Pre, "Miss Pre, your dress is washed. But uh..." There was a pause as Fidelius coughed nervously into a hand, "We found some .. rather unexpected items in there."

Felix lifted his brows, confused at first. Then the message was sent into his mind. He could already hear Ken laughing in his head at what the servants found in Pre's dress. Felix laughed, pushing open the door, "We'll be back, Fidelius." With that, Felix led Pre outside, towards the tree where he found the girl on.

"A hint.. Well, what climbs trees, Pre?"
Back to top Go down
Prelettis
Prelettis

Female

PostSubject: Re: Approaching Darkness   Approaching Darkness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 12:13 am

Prelettis sighed, relieved that they weren't freaking out over her knives like the monks had. Blinking over his question she ran it through her mind and came up with two answers, "A monkey climbs trees all the time, but if it's a very hungry bear he could've climbed it, they seem to do it on occasions." Tilting her head backwards she pondered over why they would be looking for an animal.

"Um... if it's a bear I think I'm going to run for the hills, though if it's a monkey I hope it's adorable. I could hug it all day like a little kitten. Course I hope it's a female because I'd hate to get stuck with some love struck monkey." She continued wondering over this and looked around as they went outside.
Back to top Go down
Grim
Grim

PostSubject: Re: Approaching Darkness   Approaching Darkness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 12:20 am

Grim could feel them coming from a million miles away. What with heads like theirs, it was rather easy; the problem was that they were coming towards the tree she was in.

Grim couldn't just get up and fly away. It would cause too much of a ruccus and that would be the end of her little adventure to the Estate. The birds and the bees... And the cigarette trees. Grim smiled to herself, not showing her teeth. She could hear some one - a girl, it seemed, - talking. Monkies??? Well, I, for one, am not a monkey. And it is not very smart to run if you are being chased by a bear. Silly girls. Grim smiled to herself again, plucking at the seam in her pants like a bass player would. She stared at her knee, which was part-way raised, absently as she thought.

Well. They could just find her. A nice suprise for them, whether they were nice people or not, and a new adventure for her. It wasn't like they could hurt her anymore than she already was, anyway.
Back to top Go down
Halo Head
Halo Head

PostSubject: Re: Approaching Darkness   Approaching Darkness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 2:20 am

Felix laughed aloud at Pre's words, leading her towards the tree he had caught outside. "Well, it's not a monkey... Maybe it's a female of a certain species.. but not a monkey. It doesn't look like a bear either.. or at least, it didn't when I last peeked." Felix grinned that lion'like grin of his, lilthe figure trudging through the wet grass that cushioned their feet as they walked. His leather sandals made the lightest slapping noises against the ground, and so they moved towards their destination.

By then, the master of the house, Ken, had slipped away from the concealment of his room to look out the windows, helping Felix pin-point the exact position. Ken, with his advanced and trained mind, would not be sensed, even if the female had some sort of skill.. it's likely, considering Ken didn't sense her. Felix reached the tree, leaning back as he glanced up. The coruscating sunlight that beamed through the top of the tree flashed upon the top of Felix's head, making it seem as if the halo of an angel's perched upon his head.

"If you're not a monkey or bear..." Felix took a step back, bending some as his hand swept across from his torso in a gesture of courteous bow, manifestation of his natural charm, "What're you, miss?"
Back to top Go down
Prelettis
Prelettis

Female

PostSubject: Re: Approaching Darkness   Approaching Darkness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 3:00 am

Prelettis leaned forward and blinked at the ground, oh... unless it's an animal that understands human speech I guess it's a human. Well that certainly took long enough you slow witted being. She stood her distance and stared at the tree silently. Tilting her head to the side she wondered if he ever once had the thought that maybe he'd meet someone... not so nice. Course she didn't want to interrupt him as he spoke with the being in the tree.

Glancing around she settled herself on the ground, making sure she didn't get too close to the tree. Muttering to herself to continued watching, "If it was a bear and fell out, he better hope it isn't heavy"
Back to top Go down
Grim
Grim

PostSubject: Re: Approaching Darkness   Approaching Darkness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 2:20 am

Grim gave the guy under her tree an empty stare.

"Hiya." She said, her voice toneless.

She smiled, this time showing her teeth, and along with them, her fangs. Grim let her left leg hang over the branch and drew her right up to her chest, wrapping her arms around it and resting her chin on it.

Alice, Alice, Alice... Wonderland has had enough of you. Wake up!
Back to top Go down
Halo Head
Halo Head

PostSubject: Re: Approaching Darkness   Approaching Darkness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 3:31 am

Felix stared up to the girl in the tree, lifting a hand to wave at her. "What's your name?" Felix glanced about, then placed a hand on the tree. He pulled himself up, ascending until he reached the girl. He sat down next to her, shifting his weight so that it wouldn't cause the tree to shake.

"My name's Felix."

Felix glanced over to Pre, nodding towards her with a friendly grin at the new girl, "And she's Prelettis, but you can call her Pre."

"And..did you need somthing?" Afterall, it's not everyday Felix finds a person sitting in a tree near Eden Estate, with apparently nothing to do.
Back to top Go down
Prelettis
Prelettis

Female

PostSubject: Re: Approaching Darkness   Approaching Darkness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 5:41 pm

Prelettis looked up and blinked at the sound of her name before glancing up at the tree and smiling slightly. She sighed and stood up, tilting her head as she looked through the tree limbs at the two as they sat in the tree, she glanced away and looked around the area. Feeling that she wasn’t needed for much she turned and searched the surrounding area for a good sized stick to whittle when she got her knives back.
Back to top Go down
Grim
Grim

PostSubject: Re: Approaching Darkness   Approaching Darkness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 10:19 pm

Grim stuck her hand under her chin and wiggled her fingers at the one called Felix, then at Pre.

"My name..." She took a long, deep breath through her nose before she finished with, "Grim. Mmm, I don't need anything now, thanks."

She didn't move when Felix sat on the branch with her. She didn't blink, but stared at the ground after waving at the two. She didn't want to intude their heads just then. They seemed alright enough, even if the girl never spoke. But Grim could never be too careful. She had learned that lesson too many times the hard way.

So she sat in the tree, not doing anything, keeping her thoughts to herself, and not blinkign an eye. Don't judge a book by it's cover, Peekay. First with the head, then with the heart.
Back to top Go down
Halo Head
Halo Head

PostSubject: Re: Approaching Darkness   Approaching Darkness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 10:37 pm

Felix shifted his weight from left to right, trying to find a comfortable position to situation himself on, "What brings you here?" He glanced towards Grim, then peered towards Pre, who slipped off to find a stick. What does she need the stick for?

Felix thought in silence for a moment, then cupped his hands around his mouth to call out: "Pre, do you like horses?" Felix remembers that there's a horse stable behind the Eden Estate. Perhaps he could show them around..go on a ride with the horses. Indeed, it's so beautiful around the whole of this area that it'd be a waste indeed to not take a look around.

Then Felix glanced toward Grim, and said casually, "Do you like horses?" His eyes has resemblances to his father's: honest, but more reckless and thoughtful. The hue by then was a baby blue, so serene and gentle as they fixated upon Grim's image.
Back to top Go down
Prelettis
Prelettis

Female

PostSubject: Re: Approaching Darkness   Approaching Darkness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 7:49 pm

Prelettis had spotted a stick and heard his question, she pounced on the stick and walked back towards the tree. She looked up at the tree, "I love horses, I used to own one but when the village got attacked I think he was used as food...that or he ran off somewhere. I haven't figured it out yet." Smiling slightly she settled against the tree and peeled off the leaves and small limbs extending off her branch-like stick; taking care not to damage it.
Back to top Go down
Grim
Grim

PostSubject: Re: Approaching Darkness   Approaching Darkness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 4:30 am

Grim shrugged, then yawned and stretched. "Curiosity, I suppose. What brings you here? As in to this very spot, I mean." She let her shoulders slouch as she sat on the branch sideways, both legs hanging over the edge, wondering if she should jump down beside, on top of, or over the girl sitting with the stick. She pulled a red ribbon out of her pocket and tied her hair up high on the top of her head. Even so, her hair hang down between her shoulder blades.

Why does she want the stick? Just 'cause. There doesn't have to be a reason. Grim's eyes turned an aqua-marine color as she thought. She twirled her lip ring around in her lip, staring blankly into space.
Back to top Go down
Halo Head
Halo Head

PostSubject: Re: Approaching Darkness   Approaching Darkness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 5:24 am

Felix slid a hand across the texture of the tree, and fixated his gaze upon Pre for a moment. A smile flitted upon his features, "Well, I wouldn't want to eat a horse. Would you?" He eyed Grim questioningly, then whispered, as if a secret existed between them, "...Would you?" He said this with a joking tone in his voice, making it obvious that he was just kidding with her.

Felix reclined, placing his arms upon propped up knees as he glanced from Pre to Grim, "Well, I've lived in Eden Estate for awhile now. I saw you from the window." Felix nodded towards the direction of the estate, "With the view in there, you can see almost anything. It's safe, aswell as beautiful."

Felix turned to Pre, "It is beautiful, isn't it, Pre?"
Back to top Go down
Prelettis
Prelettis

Female

PostSubject: Re: Approaching Darkness   Approaching Darkness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 12:02 am

Prelettis balanced the bare stick and twirled it clumsily between her fingers, dropping it more then once. After swiftly picking it up for the forth time she tucked it under her arm and scratched at the tree, "Aw poor tree, you're getting popular aren't you. Well Pre will come back and give you a big bucket of water." She glanced at her foot and tapped it on the root resting atop the ground near her. Sighing she laid her head on the tree, patting the tree softly. "It is beautiful, filled with life of all kinds."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Approaching Darkness   Approaching Darkness - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Approaching Darkness
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next